How long must I wait

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by fidel castro, Jul 11, 2005.

1. fidel castro macrumors newbie

May 2, 2005
    I just ordered my first mac - a 15" Powerbook 1.5ghz, I got a 25% discount so I didn't feel like waiting any longer. Anyway, I was wondering how long I must wait for it to come after it ships? I am in California, do they distribute from here? Thanks-
  2. VanMac macrumors 6502a

May 26, 2005
    Rampaging Tokyo
    Nice...I'm thinking of the same thing. I think they ship from California as long as they are not build to order.

Where did you get such a discount?
  3. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

Jan 6, 2004
    Yes. Yes. Where *did* you get such a nice discount? Inquiring minds want to know... :D
  4. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

Apr 18, 2004
    why hello there fidel lol :p well yeah... should be at your doorstep in a week or so i would imagine.. they give you some sort of ups or fedex tracking number?
  5. echeck macrumors 68000

Apr 20, 2004
    Boise, Idaho
    My stock G4 iBook came from Taipei, but it still only took a week to get to my doorstep. So you shouldn't have to wait too long.
  6. fidel castro thread starter macrumors newbie

May 2, 2005
    My wonderful discount

Thanks for the heads up, I am just so antsy to play with OSX. I have a homebrew wintel machine, but I am leaving for a few months and figured it was time to throw some cash at a more than decent laptop.

I got the discount through a Pixar employee who didn't need to purchase a computer this year (they get one a year at 25% and another 3 at 15%...applies to accessories too).

I guess it's nice to have friends in high places.
  7. fidel castro thread starter macrumors newbie

May 2, 2005

I just checked my order status and it says everything shipped and is due tomorrow! I am really impressed, I ordered around 3:45 and it's gonna be here tomorrow with the free shipping. I even ordered the world travel adapter kit which had a 1-3 day shipping time, I must say, Apple is really winning me over.
  8. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    Wow that is a really great deal. I would say that your friend is real keeper. You have made a very wise purchase. Your 15" PowerBook will give you a lot of pleasure.