How long must I wait

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by fidel castro, Jul 11, 2005.

1. fidel castro macrumors newbie

I just ordered my first mac - a 15" Powerbook 1.5ghz, I got a 25% discount so I didn't feel like waiting any longer. Anyway, I was wondering how long I must wait for it to come after it ships? I am in California, do they distribute from here? Thanks-

2. VanMac macrumors 6502a

VanMac

Nice...I'm thinking of the same thing. I think they ship from California as long as they are not build to order.

Where did you get such a discount?

3. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

sw1tcher

Yes. Yes. Where *did* you get such a nice discount? Inquiring minds want to know... :D

4. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

why hello there fidel lol :p well yeah... should be at your doorstep in a week or so i would imagine.. they give you some sort of ups or fedex tracking number?

5. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

My stock G4 iBook came from Taipei, but it still only took a week to get to my doorstep. So you shouldn't have to wait too long.

6. fidel castro thread starter macrumors newbie

My wonderful discount

Thanks for the heads up, I am just so antsy to play with OSX. I have a homebrew wintel machine, but I am leaving for a few months and figured it was time to throw some cash at a more than decent laptop.

I got the discount through a Pixar employee who didn't need to purchase a computer this year (they get one a year at 25% and another 3 at 15%...applies to accessories too).

I guess it's nice to have friends in high places.

7. fidel castro thread starter macrumors newbie

SHIPPED!!

I just checked my order status and it says everything shipped and is due tomorrow! I am really impressed, I ordered around 3:45 and it's gonna be here tomorrow with the free shipping. I even ordered the world travel adapter kit which had a 1-3 day shipping time, I must say, Apple is really winning me over.

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Wow that is a really great deal. I would say that your friend is real keeper. You have made a very wise purchase. Your 15" PowerBook will give you a lot of pleasure.