How long must I wait?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by kwaite2, Sep 27, 2004.

1. kwaite2 macrumors newbie

I've been reading that ordering from apple.com doesn't necessarily mean that your delivery will be the quickest. I just ordered a Powerbook on Saturday; about how long do you guys think it'll take to arrive?

2. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I ordered my BTO PowerBook on a Tuesday morning. The Apple site said ship in 5-7 business days, but it showed up the following Monday. That was a couple of months ago, there may be delays if they are clearing the pipeline to make way for rev. D, as some think.

3. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

Mine took about 10 days from Taiwan to Norway (that is almost across the whole earth..)

4. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

Which direction did they send it? Across America or across Asia and Europe? That is if you checked the shipping notices about where your Mac was during shipping.

5. NCTRNL macrumors regular

I just ordered mine a few weeks ago. I placed the order on 9/12, got my iPod on 9/15, finished the payment for my PB on 9/17 and received my PB on 9/21. They're quick man, especially if you paid for the express shipping. Although, I have heard that the standard shipping is very fast too.

6. kwaite2 thread starter macrumors newbie

When I open my eyes, I'd give anything to see you.

I believe it's coming from China to California to Louisiana. The order was processed on 9/27, and according to FedEx.com, the PB's been in the Shanghai FedEx Facility since 9/28 until today 9/30. However, the Apple people tell me the FedEx site and estimated delivery dates (Oct. 15 :eek: ) aren't accurate, and my iPod, which wasn't available to ship when I ordered it, went out today. And apparently, my baby should be on my doorstep mid-week next week- just in time for fall break :D . Thanks for the feedback, "ya'll".

Oh yeah... Has anyone really benefited from purchasing Applecare? The head of graphic design here at LSU is highly recommending it (and uprading Tech Tool to Tech Tool Pro). I'll more than likely take his advice, but I wanted to get a few opinions- if you guys have any. Thanks.

7. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

I ordered my iBook last November. They quickly emailed me telling me it would take a month to ship it. I believe I got it 2 weeks later (they upgraded my shipping because of the wait.)

So YMMV when ordering from Apple. Those 2 weeks were hell. But it was worth the wait.