how long should i wait? [to buy a G5]

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by goofbol16, Feb 2, 2004.

1. goofbol16 macrumors newbie

to buy a G5? idealy, i would wait for the new line to be released and then buy a rev a 2.0 for a reduced price, but its getting ridiculous. im seriously tired of waiting. and macconnection is having a deal where they give you a gig of ram for free if you buy a single 1.8. i dont know what to do.

2. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

just like the 40 threads started on this every day. You either wait a little longer - or you don't. There will always be something newer and better to wait for.

3. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Re: how long should i wait?

If the 1.8 does what you need it to do and will have the performance for the lifetime you need it for, its signficantly better than the 1.6 and its a G5, so unless your bug graphics or games, I would think it would be a good purchase...but we have NO IDEA how soon or what's likely to happen to this line except that by Summer Northern Hemisphere the new machines will be out which could bring cheaper low ends G5s...

4. goofbol16 thread starter macrumors newbie

well i do alot of digital video editing, primarily with final cut pro 4. so i think the dual would be to my benifit.

5. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Yep. Performance specs strongly suggest a dual is better...

6. senseibiz macrumors regular

I got tired of waiting myself, technology is always being upgraded so I decided to purchase it.

7. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

if you can live without it, wait. if you can't live without it, get it and be happy with it. also, you would make a lot of others happy because it would bring the release date for the updated models to 11 days after you purchase. :D