how long to prepare for LSAT

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jetjaguar, Dec 21, 2012.

1. macrumors 68000

jetjaguar

Dunno if I am allowed to post a question like this here but I am wondering if anyone here has taken the LSAT. I am planning on taking it in February in order to be able to attend law school in Sept. I basically have almost a month and a half. I am not trying to score 170+. Just trying to do decent. If you have taken it, how long did you prepare for and how did you do?

thanks

2. macrumors 604

ravenvii

Why so late? Is it because you don't know what to do and came up with law school so that you don't have to say "I went through 4-5 years of college and still don't know what I want to do"? If so, you should reconsider.

If you won't though... I took a month. Did well enough to get into a top 50 school.

The exam's not that tough, really. The only hard part is the logic stuff, and you can get a handle on it by practicing ad nauseum.

YMMV, though.

3. macrumors 68000

So you'd like to prepare as little as possible to score just enough to get into an okay school on little to no scholarship (or a crappy school with a partial) and commit to $150k in debt, graduating with less than a 50% chance of finding a job that requires the degree you spent 3 years and 150k earning?

I say just cram the night before. Should be fine.

4. macrumors newbie

Never long enough. Have fun.

5. macrumors 603

63dot

+1

But even when a person thinks about it a lot for years and plans to go into law school, it still may be something you totally hate, not to mention the field itself. Unfortunately, most I have met from just about everywhere went in with no plan or no idea.

6. macrumors G3

Huntn

Don't they have study guides, databases of typical questions for stuff like this?