how long to process Apple Education Loan?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by buckuxc, Sep 10, 2003.

1. macrumors regular

Aug 28, 2003
    hey all,

I've been in the market to buy a Powerbook for God knows how long. I'm among those that have been strung along in hopes of updated 15" PB's coming in. At least the wait has proved fruitful in that the iPods are now 40GB's and still the same price (this alone might have been worth the wait).

Anyway, with high hopes that the PB's will be updated at the Apple Expo in Paris, I want to be able to jump on purchasing one ASAP when they are announced. I will need to apply for an Apple Education loan though, so my question is: if I go ahead and "purchase" a 15" PB now it will take a probably at least a week to get the papers to me, signed and sent back to Apple, so will I be able to upgrade my order to the new 15" PB if it's available then?

Or should I just wait til they're announced before I make any move?

2. macrumors regular

Nov 13, 2002
    Oakland, California
    First of all it only takes about 30 seconds to find out weither or not you qualify. If you do you will be able to place your order that day(I know this because I have done it before). Secondly you can apply for the loan right now and buy what you want later, they give you up to 6 months to place your order after it is approved. Good luck-RAM:D
  3. thread starter macrumors regular

Aug 28, 2003
    This is the information from Apple's site that I was referring to when I asked the question.