How long to ship BTO PowerBook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by spamsk8r, Jan 23, 2004.

1. spamsk8r macrumors newbie

Does anyone have any idea how long it would take for Apple to ship a built to order powerbook 15" if I were to order it today? I'm thinking about going to an apple store, but I dunno if they do custom builds. Anyone have any info on this?

2. powerbookje macrumors member

powerbookje

3. Icekey macrumors member

I got my brother to order mine yesterday from the online store and it said 5-7 working days

EDIT: BTW it's 2-3 weeks waiting time for here in Australia. Really ridiculous. I'll get my powerbook that will be shipped from Tawian -> NY -> Australia quicker then the Taiwan -> Singapore -> Australia

4. tiktokfx macrumors regular

I got a BTO 12" PB. It was shipped direct from Taiwan within 3 days of the order going in... received it about 4 or 5 business days after the order went in.

5. klyau6 macrumors member

i dont think the apple stores do custom builds. i went in the other day interested in doing that (bc im getting the student discount and don't know how it's done online) and the only thing they can customize is the RAM. otherwise, you'll have to order it online.

6. stevietheb macrumors 6502a

stevietheb

Edu Store Online

klyau6--

go to www.apple.com/education

If you're a college student, like me, then under higher education click "student" and keep going from there...I believe there is a "Buy Now" button on the next page.