How long to wait on buying a new PB so I get tiger included?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by maclamb, Apr 12, 2005.

1. maclamb macrumors 6502

maclamb

I'm about ready to buy a new PB (now, do I want the 15 or the 17)...

anyway the point is - how long do you think I have to wait so I know I'll get tiger in the box with my new PB? (I can see the puns starting already)

I usually erase a new machine, repartition and reformat and reinstall the OS - and also would do it with a new OS - I would NOT simply upgrade a pather install - I want a fresh Tiger install. (that's just me YMMV)

So, figuring that PBs are about 2 days to ship what's the earliest I could order, do you think?

2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

probably the first week of May, they won't start installing it until they start shipping it ... and they probably have a decent amount of stock on hand with panther installed and tons of people like you waiting.

3. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Um...

Ever thought of asking Apple? Any computer that is due to arrive on or after April 29th will at least have Tiger in the box.

4. mariahlullaby macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

I called Apple today and the guy said that it would take 30-60 days for all their computers to come preloaded with Tiger. I didn't know this, but he told me that Panther comes with iLife but Tiger does not; so if you buy a Mac now and use the $9.95 upgrade, you can keep iLife but also get Tiger.