How long until 10.4.1?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by James Philp, May 4, 2005.

1. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

I've been reading around these threads for a while and have noticed there seem to be quite a few problems out there.

Personally, Tiger annoys me in one way: Epson Print Utility does not work! (Could be the REALLY old printer I'm using however)

It shouldn't be too long before 10.4.1 and even 10.4.2 (the X.X.2 in my opinion being the best of the bunch - 10.3.2- how good was that!).
    Just thought I'd be the first to shove it out there, before Apple do!

2. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

It says on the Apple Store that Final Cut Studio (which is rumored to require 10.4.1 for some features) is shipping in 4-6 weeks. Therefore, I'd expect 10.4.1 to arrive no later than 6 weeks from today, unless the ship date changes.

4. BWhaler macrumors 68020

BWhaler

Late May is my prediction.

I am really torn on which was to root here because the launch version of Tiger is so buggy.

On one hand, I would really like a release asap which fixes all of the annoying problems in Tiger such as inconsistent spotlight indexing, mail importing, gui problems, etc.

On the other hand, I really want to move Tiger to all of my Macs and won't do it until thousands of these bugs are stomped out. So maybe waiting another month or so would get Tiger to the place where I am confortable with it.

I just hope Apple is cranking away at a huge update to Tiger. 300-400mb update fixing thousands and thousands of bugs.

5. ChazLM macrumors newbie

ChazLM

Thank you

I tell you, i love these forums. Otherwise i would have been one of those people having to put up with all those bugs. I will definitely wait to see how many problems are fixed with 10.4.1, then decide when to install tiger. I've been seeing alot of problems with epson printers, and sleep mode. Having an new epson printer, i would like to be able to use it. And i don't feel like turning off my computer every night. :)

6. James Philp thread starter macrumors 65816

James Philp

So it was precisely 11 days 22 hours from the original post then!
    You gotta respect me for feelin the heat that soon! :D :cool:

7. altair macrumors regular

So uh...dead thread but, do you really need to use Epson Print Center? I thought all the drivers were A-OK with OS-X now, just plug it in and bingo, it works.

Anyway, im just weird about printer software, in that it usually blows, hehe.

8. James Philp thread starter macrumors 65816

James Philp

not epson print center, epson print utility. It's the think that allows you to check ink levels, clean printer heads, test printer heads etc, so it is useful!

9. ClarkeB macrumors 6502

ClarkeB