How long until Amazon gets the MacBooks?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by eji, May 16, 2006.

1. eji macrumors 6502

eji

Like the title says, I was wondering how long it will be until Amazon.com will get the newly released Macbooks. That $100+ rebate they offer on most Mac models is sweet. Plus shipping is free and there's no sales tax.

Does Apple hog the new stock for a long time before letting third-party retailers in on the act, or will we see them appear in other online retailers soon? Ideally I'd like to order asap, but if I have a chance to save a couple hundred bucks, I'm less inclined to rush.

2. anamznazn macrumors regular

anamznazn

speaking of which...would apple stores have them in stock today by any chance? i don't wanna drive an hr. to a store and not see a macbook to take home

3. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

Could call and ask :)

4. anamznazn macrumors regular

anamznazn

just did...the guy said "MAYBE today...and possibly sometimes this week"

errr...anybody else called in their area?

5. erickg macrumors 6502

Apparently they have been arriving at many of the Apple stores and some people already have theirs. Check out appleinsider.com for unpacking pics and some details on availability.

6. slackersonly macrumors 6502a

slackersonly

wouldnt the mbp be a good sign of when the mb would make it to amazon.

7. Acehigh macrumors 6502

I call one they said alot of workers want to buy them so i should either buy it online or come in and join a list.

8. eji thread starter macrumors 6502

eji

Uh, okay, I'll bite. How long after its release did the MacBook Pro appear on Amazon?

9. slackersonly macrumors 6502a

slackersonly

that was really a question more than a statement.
    i just bought an iMac so I wasnt tracking mbp sales.
    i just checked amazon on the mbp but couldnt really tell when it was made available.
    i am sure someone here can help with that though.

10. eji thread starter macrumors 6502

eji

Wasn't long at all, then -- only about 24 hours. And I ordered one. Now my only question is, when will they ship? :)

11. MS bulldog macrumors regular

amazon question

concerning amazon, the advertise that if you make your first purchase on a amazon chase credit card, the you save $30. does this apply to macs? if it does, then that might be an additional $30 savings. i despise credit cards, but i might go throught the trouble to save $30 and then just pay the balance before a month rolls...and cancel the card of course.

anybody gone this route? it seems cheaper than the education discount through apple.