1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

How long until Mariokart?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Spanky Deluxe, May 14, 2006.

1. macrumors demi-god

Spanky Deluxe

Its pretty obvious that the Wii has just seriously pulled into the lead over the likes of Sony and already have a great launch line up ready. How long do you reckon it's going to take them to release a Mario Kart game for the Wii?

I'm guessing a year after release, Christmas '07 in order to do a new push for selling consoles with Mariokart in time for the holidays.

2. macrumors Core

Dagless

Late 07/early 08. it's a long time off. I reckon.

3. macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Yup they just had a Mario Kart for the DS so i think you wont see another for the Wii until late 2007.

Bless

4. macrumors member

I'd rather see them tackle a Wave Race before I see another Mario Kart.

5. MRU
    Demi-God

MRU

sod that I want PILOTWINGS. What happened to that great IP.

6. macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

Or BattleCorps.

7. MRU
    Demi-God

MRU

Well Battlecorps is Rare and we know how slow their output is. But Pilotwings is first party IP

8. macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Mario Kart is one of the best series Nintendo has going for them. I'm willing to bet it's in the early stages of development right now... the planning phases, where they batting around ideas for new features and whatnot.

If the Wii does well in the early half of '07, I'm guessing an '08 release is probably realistic. If they don't have the sales they wanted through the mid point of '07, though, I can see Mario Kart being given every resource it needs to make an Xmas '07 debut to drive sales as a "must have title".

9. macrumors G3

Counterfit

Hmm, a joystick base for the Wiimote. That would put Pilotwings 64 to shame (which already smacks the **** out of the original.) And yes, WaveRace would be awesome on the Wii. I like the original, but never quite got the hang of Blue Storm.

10. macrumors regular