How long until the next PowerMac promotion?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by CoffeeMonkey, Jul 2, 2004.

1. CoffeeMonkey macrumors regular

Now that Apple won't have iMacs to sell until September, do any of you long-time Apple-watchers think that they might start some sort of "free RAM" or "Brilliant Savings" type promotion to get the new PowerMacs moving?

Or do you think that the new products are, in themselves, hot enough that they will be flying off the shelves when they are finally available?

With iMacs being unavailable, with the new displays not yet available, with the dual 2.5 not available, and with the 30" display not coming until August, the company's September quarter might really stink unless they drive lots of PowerMac, iBook, and PowerBook volumes.

The reason I'm asking is that I'm ready to pull the trigger on a new PowerMac and display, since the display I'm considering (the 23") isn't even shipping yet, my incentive seems to be to wait.

2. KingSleaze macrumors 6502

So, it isn't shipping, yet. Pre-order it. As soon as they get it built, it will be on it's way. :cool:

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I would think that Apple would have some kind of promotion this Fall. They will want to stimulate Christmas sales. The only promotion that they have now is the 90 day same as cash offer. It isn't always available. Would really like to see them bring back the one year same as cash offer. The other promotion possibility is when they have their "Tiger Party" which usually means a 10% discount on hardware with a purchase of "Tiger."

Please Apple bring on another promotion.