How long until we see "Version D" of the Macbook? Like they did with the MBP...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by anthonymoody, Jun 5, 2006.

  1. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2002
    #1
    I don't mean full on revisions, I mean production runs or whatever wherein they make minor fixes. I recall that the MBP was up to run 'D' which fixed many of the quirks people found with the first shipping MBP's.

    Given all the posts about moos, whines, etc. I REALLY want a macbook but am happy to wait a little bit until Apple sorts the early issues out.

    Any guesstimates as to time? I'm hoping another month or less.

    TM
     
  2. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2004
    #2
    I thought those were weekly production runs, and someone had the idea of labeling it "Revision D." If so, we're on week 4.

    For the record, my MacBook has no problems.
     
  3. anthonymoody thread starter macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2002
    #3
    You may be right that the letters refer to weekly production runs. Also, you're by no means the first to report a problem-free macbook. Like most products these days, it's the folks who experience issues who make the most noise, especially in forums where it's easy to complain :)

    If I could be sure to get a problem free unit I'd pick one up now. Just don't want to deal with returns, exchanges, waiting for firmware updates that Apple hasn't officially announced, etc...

    TM
     
  4. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2004
    #4
    Understandable. If you're worried, wait a few more weeks to be safe. :)
     
  5. anthonymoody thread starter macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2002
    #5
    Yeah I have a feeling that at WWDC in August we'll see see the MBP's bumped to include the Merom chips, and the MB's will be upped to 2.16 (or 2.33 if Intel is shipping those then). That'll provide for somewhat greater differentiation b/t the MBs and MBPs.

    I will purchase then most likely. However, if we get a firm Leopard ship date at that point and it's not too much later I may buy when MBs are shipping with Loepard preloaded. . .

    TM
     

Share This Page