How long will an iPhone 3GS battery life last based on this usage?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stanny, Feb 4, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

Dec 30, 2008
    How long will an iPhone 3GS battery life roughly last based on this usage? Perhaps 10-15 minutes call a day, 5-10 minutes web surfing and mail checking, 10-20 minutes app gaming and other misc apps.
  2. macrumors 68000

Jan 28, 2009
    It'll last the day. Actually you could probably squeeze a day and a half out of it, but you'd still be best charging every night. :)
  3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Dec 30, 2008
    That's too little, I don't want to be charging everyday. I thought I would get at least 2 days with that little usage of mine. Guess I'll go with something else.
  4. macrumors 68000

Jan 28, 2009
    Apple claim that it will last almost 2 weeks on standby, but from my experience of 3 different iPhones that is just a ridiculous exaggeration. Maybe if you disabled GSM/WiFi/Bluetooth it might last quite a long time, and turned the screen way down, and didn't use it at all, but realistically iPhones get 1-2 days max, even with minimal usage. I'd agree with you; look elsewhere if you need something with a good battery life. :) Preferably a non-smartphone, as none of them seem that great with battery life.
  5. macrumors member

Jan 27, 2010
    Or a smartphone that has a replaceable battery, and the option to get extended batteries. I use a Seido 2600 mah (about 2.5x stock capacity) battery in my Palm Pre and with the light usage the OP is talking about it would probably last him at least 4 days if not more per charge.
  6. macrumors 68000

Jan 21, 2008
    Melbourne, FL
    Well that is similar to my use--but my use is usually quite a bit more--and I regularly charge every other day. Roughly 30-40 percent usage a day.
  7. macrumors G4

Small White Car

Aug 29, 2006
    Washington DC
    So, use your phone while you're asleep?

I don't know about you, but I really don't care what my phone does at night.