How long will it take ??? !

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Reuven, Apr 30, 2004.

1. macrumors member

Reuven

I can't take it any longer!! I ordered my new PB last Tuesday on the 20th & now been told it will take another further 10-14 working days.

Not happy about it as you can imagine.

Are there any shortages on new 15" 1.Ghz Superdrive PB ?

How long has it taken to receive your new PB ?

I suppose though I have to take into consideration that I have a custom order.

2. macrumors newbie

I ordered the same as you (15" SD, 512Mb 1 SO-DIMM, 128Mb VRAM, 5400rpm drive) from http://store.apple.com.au/edu at ~17:09 on the 27th, and it shipped on the 29th to Brisbane... (notified at 17:42 on 29th)
    :cool:

It will probably be slower if Billing Address != Shipping Address, or if you don't use a credit card. My addresses were the same - had a hiccup charging my Westpac MC, but apple gave me the number for westpac and they took "the hold" off my a/c for 15 minutes while the charge went through.

edu discount + salary sacrificed means I pay from my gross earnings and don't pay GST. :) :)

3. macrumors member

Reuven

I ordered my PB from David Jones as I got a discount thanks to my girlfreind working there :D :D.

Just so slow though :(

4. macrumors newbie

Mine just arrived... 2pm on 1st May to suburban Brisbane, from Sydney. Whew, that was quick! :) :) I've only played with them in San Francisco and Tokyo, and now I have my own. The first thing I did was start to play chess, but it was beating me, so I quit that. (It has a woman reading the moves it makes - spooky! :eek: ) Someone must have set the time, because was exactly 8 hours after the real time.

The only problem now is that my Dad has sat down in front of it and doesn't seem to be moving, despite my hints. :confused: So I'm typing this on the PC.

(no dead pixels, no vibration problems :cool: will just check that I can write DVDs, when I figure out how to do that.)

So just be patient... :rolleyes: STE stands for Star Track Express, if that's your carrier. (star track express, answer me yes...)

5. macrumors member

I ordered mine on the 27th and it shipped on the 29th. (1.5GHz 15", Superdrive, 1x512MB RAM, the others are standard stuff). Sadly, I wanted it to ship LATER because I wanted to change my order to get a different configuration, and Apple would not give me back a refund for my BTO powerbook.

Anyone wants to buy the powerbook? It's still unopened in the box.

Any good suggestions on where I can sell it? I live in Canada. I thought about ebay but am not sure if I want to take that path.

6. macrumors 68020

cyks

It beats me where yours is... I just purchased a 12"PBook about 3 hours ago- and it's still not here yet :(

Oh well....back to checking my Apple Order Status page every 5 minutes.

7. macrumors 68020

cyks

What kind of configuration did you want to change it to? ...is it that much different from what you have now?

8. macrumors member

I have (1.5GHz 15", 1x512MB RAM, 64MB Video card, 4200RPM HD, Superdrive, Backlite keyboard). I want to the the 17" powerbook now instead of the 15" because of the screen real estate the 17" provides.