iPad How long your iPad 4 battery at 100% brightness?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by seasurfer, Nov 25, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

At 100% brightness, how long your ipad 4 battery can last? Mine is now 24% after running 5 hours. I highly doubt I can reach the legendary 9 hours plus. :mad:

2. macrumors 68040

You aren't supposed to reach the ten hours on full brightness; pretty sure Apple does all device testing at fifty percent brightness.

3. macrumors 68020

I seriously do not know a single person who uses his iPad, or even iPhone, with 100% brightness - except for when they use them in really bright surroundings.

Heck, in normal conditions my brightness is often (well) below 50% - which I consider bright enough. And Apple does its battery testing at 50% brightness.

Apparently, you're still able to get a total of 6.5 hours of battery life at 100% brightness at this rate. I think that's just fine when the brightness is set that high.

Best tip: use your iPad with a lower screen brightness. Best way to adapt? Use your iPad at, for example, 30% brightness for a while and after you have adapted a bit set it at 50%. Than you'll see that 50% is actually very bright already (and that's because after a while you get used to that 30%).

4. macrumors member

tpr007

100% brightness!? Seriously.

There's no way my eyes could cope with that.

Mines usually at about 30%, except when i'm in bed when it's turned down completely.

For the record my battery lasts for a couple of days with a fair amount of use.

5. macrumors regular

Amen.

Anything over 70% hurts my eyes. I have it on 25% usually.

6. macrumors 6502

Thanks for running the ipad at 100 we now know what kinda battery life it gets. ;)

7. macrumors 601

ixodes

While display brightness is one of the largest drains on battery life, how you're using your device plays a part as well. There's far too many variables that come into play when one asks such a broad question about battery life.

My real world experience with a large number of iOS devices & OS X laptops has proven over & over, that Apples one of the best when it comes to battery run times and recharge times. Finally I've yet to have any Apple battery fail with less than the estimated number of cycles. That's not to say it can't happen, but it's a rarity when it does.

8. thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply, I thought mine was abnormal.

9. macrumors member

at 90% I get around 7.5-8 hours. its too dark for my poor eyes otherwise!!

10. macrumors 68040

haruhiko

iPad 4 clearly has much longer battery life than the 3. On the same train journey my iPad 3 consumed around 8-9% of the battery but the iPad 4 only used 2-3%. Of course it's not a scientific statistics but that's what I got.

11. macrumors member

mine is almost the same as of your 25% after running 6 hrs