How many Aussies Update

Discussion in 'Community' started by mac15, Aug 7, 2002.

1. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

Well we had quite a tribe last time, so how many are there now since some newbies joined,

I only know of beej
    mmmdreg
    j673
    cb911
    maximage the newest one

and I can't remember any other, but forgive me bros

2. kiwi_the_iwik macrumors 65816

kiwi_the_iwik

How about your "poorer" cousins over the drink? I lived in Sydney (like a lot of my fellow countrymen) for about 5 years before moving over to London in 1996 - my wife's Australian, though, as is my little 2 year old boy (lucky little guy's got a dual passport)...

...it's so nice to give something back to the community, don't you think?

(even though he has the destructive force of a low-yield nuclear blast)

:D

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

did I get counted since my grandmother was Australian?

4. MR Lurker macrumors newbie

5. losfp macrumors regular

I'm in Sydney.. I don't actually own any Apple products, though that will change the moment the new iPod is out. Also toying with the idea of adding an iBook or a powermac to my stable of computers (which is why I'm lurking around a lot of mac forums etc). I figure there's no point 'switching' when I can have the best of both worlds. I know there's a lot of sniping at windows in general, but I find that as long as you know what you're doing, they're as stable as anything. In fact, my humble Pentium II-366 IBM Thinkpad running Win XP Pro had 26 or so days of uptime (including some pretty intensive web-design/photoshop/DVD activity) before I had to reboot it last week after installing some software.

Looking forward to finding out more about Jaguar's performance when it is released (and waiting for an updated iBook!)

Cheers.

6. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Nah man... that makes you a wannabe :p

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

i wouldn't know about that, maybe my grandmother was smarter than the rest of you and got out before the inbreeding set in.....:p :rolleyes: :D

8. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

LOL, I don't know about that. You'd have to talk to the Tasmanians ;)

Actually if it wasn't for immigration, Australia's population would actually be dropping. We really have a very multi-cultural society, and not much inbreeding to be had (except for the Tasmainans).

Ha! Sorry to all the Tasmanians on these boards... I don't think anyone here is from Tazzie so I think my insults may be falling on deaf ears. Oh well.. even if the were here they probably couldn't read... :)

Sorry, I can't help myself! :D

9. Bennet macrumors newbie

10. Atomic macrumors newbie

11. Huked on Fonick macrumors 6502

I am from Fiji??? does that count... I had to fly qantis alot or airpacific and we went through australia to get to the states???Does that count or does that make a wanabe??oh yea my dad has/had a australian passport and i have a 10 year visa to australia.(it expires next year). we moved away from fiji a couple years back..but i am still from there....consived there born in hawaii(medical Reasons) and raised there....

Edit SPELLING PIP HAD TO CORRECT ME ON THE SPELLING OF QANTIS LOL... THANKS ROYAL PINEAPPLE YOU ARE MY HERO PIP!!

12. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

you forgot the philepenes and vriginia and arazona and where ever else you have lived.
    BTW dukestreet and beej have a thing for Fiji so dont start them on it ;)

13. Huked on Fonick macrumors 6502

Nukes

i spent a majority of me like there pip ya busta.... da good old days......the only house we own is there allthows we be buying one in Oak Ridge Tennese now... I cant wait to play with da nukelar squirls Woppie....(the manhatan project was all done in Oakridge except for the bombing exploding in new mexico....:) i just love living next door to tons of nukeilar reactors yea yea!!

14. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

the radiation must be affecting your mind, you cant spell worth a damn ;)

15. Huked on Fonick macrumors 6502

DAt would be da drugs there busta.........expessly that airossool **** u and ur %%^ ass roomaate allways pulled with the deoderant i wonder why i cant spell and u can.... hum must be da other drugs... the radiation just makes me GLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

WTF? You flew from Fiji to the states via Australia? I haven't checked my globe or anything, but that sounds whack to me...

17. saint macrumors regular

18. kiwi_the_iwik macrumors 65816

kiwi_the_iwik

Heard a staggering statistic the other day -

Apparently (depending on who you talk to, and what case study you read), anywhere between 87-92% of the United States' population...

...Don't own passports.

Compare that statistic with little ol' New Zealand. In a recent Census, the population had risen to 3.8 Million (nearly the population of Sydney - lol!) from what it was in 1996, at 3.5 Million (with 70.6 Million Sheep - that's nearly 21 sheep per person [your own personal harem!]).

Recently, the Passport Office released figures as to how many NZer's actually owned passports (limit: one per person).

The figure?

6 Million.

:cool:

19. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

20. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Re: Heard a staggering statistic the other day -

WTF? HA! Good one! :D

There was an IQ test on TV a couple of nights ago here in Aus. They had five or six groups in the audience representing different professions etc, I think there were teachers, students, builders, blondes, celebs and kiwis.

Needless to say, the kiwis scored the lowest on average... I think they got ~40% of the questions right. Coming in second last were the blondes with - get this - ~60% of all questions right.

So next time you go to make a blonde joke, don't. Make a joke about kiwis. Aussies do. ;)

21. kiwi_the_iwik macrumors 65816

kiwi_the_iwik

Well, bless your heart, beej!

Actually, mate - what I was pointing out to the happy readers here was that there are a substantial number of NZer's overseas, rather than whether the National Passport Office can read it's figures, correlated to the number of births in the country.

And with those figures, on average, we are one of the most travelled nations on earth. I, for one, am already on to my 4th passport.

It's only Australia's misfortune that you guys tend to get all the "dregs", who decide to go live on the "West Island", in the magical city of Coogie, where the Lion Red flows freely, and the Haka is their favourite song (along with some crap from Dave Dobbyn and Herbs)...

Classic example - I visited the homepage of www.schoolfriends.com.au recently (after being given a tip-off of it's existence), to see who was still around from my old High School (the site covers not just Australian schools, but NZ ones as well).

Lo-and-behold, I'd say 95% of my fellow schoolmates who had registered had moved over the pond to Australia - one poor girl got married, had 3 kids and moved to Coober Pedy: a lovely little mining town in the middle of nowhere, where undoubtedly she'd have to live underground, 'cos of the high temperatures there. Yikes. :(

So, before you cast disparaging remarks about your poor, unfortunate neighbours, bear in mind that only stupid people go on TV game and chat shows in the first place. :p

22. saint macrumors regular

If we get enough Aussies as members, there may be a need to change the name from MacRumors to MacRumours, as that's how we spell it down under. ;)

23. Huked on Fonick macrumors 6502

beej i think u need to look at a globe and see where fiji is....................go to aussie and look at the small islands to the right of it a little ways ull find it.......unless ur map doesent have it

24. Macette macrumors 6502