How many batteries have you gone through in your Wii-mote?

Discussion in 'Games' started by BurtonCCC, Nov 28, 2006.

1. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

I've gone through two pairs and am now starting my third.

Nintendo really should sell a rechargeable battery pack and charger, or even just standard AA-sized rechargeable batteries (like NiMH batteries) and then a charger that goes from the wall outlet to the port on the bottom of the Wii-mote and charges the batteries on the inside.

Otherwise, I'm going to be Energizer's new top customer. :rolleyes:

Daniel.

2. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I'm pretty sure Energizer makes rechargable batteries and a charger that you plug into the wall. It would be wise to invest in one of those. I think they are less than $20.

3. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

I just went through my first set of batteries yesterday and I've had the Wii since launch. Since I've been back at school for a few days I'm betting I'll start go through them pretty quickly since I always have people on the floor wanting to play.

4. paintballer macrumors regular

I am still on the original ones that came with it. I have played about 25 hours and the battery is still alternating between full and 3/4. And the whole time I have had rumble on and the sound on the Wiimote to the maximum.

5. BurtonCCC thread starter macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

Oh, I've got one. Just left it at home...

Daniel.

6. OldSkoolNJ macrumors 6502

OldSkoolNJ

Article about some third party accessories coming for Wii. One thing included and shown is a charging station for the Wii Motes with the battery packs.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=8781

Kevin

7. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

The battery charger looks wierd... How would it work? Does it connect where the accesory outlet is?

8. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

I have 4 Wiimotes, one just died, so I just switched to another one. :D
    This will work, since I have a longer Winter Break than my friends, and most of them are still in school till mid December.

9. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Only one has died (the third player controller which I don't use often), probably because it was wedged in my backpack in a position where stuff was holding down the button and it drained the battery.

My main controller is still 75% charged, 9 hours into Zelda.

10. Redneck1089 macrumors 65816

Redneck1089

I'm 17 and a half hours into Zelda and my Wii-mote is still going strong on the original batteries.

11. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

If that's all you play, you should have 12.5 hours left on it, too.

12. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I'm pretty much the same, about 18-19 hours and i've played Wii sports a tiny bit. I've been quite satisfied with the battery life on the Wiimote.

13. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

I played for roughly 30 hours from the day the Wii was launched to last saturdat (7 days). With 20 hours in Zelda and 10 hours in ExciteTruck, I managed to burn through the first set of batteries. I bought an Energizer NiHM battery set and charger for $20 so I should be good for a while.

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Rechargeable batteries must be a British thing. £15 for super mHa batteries and £10 for a 2 hour charger. Ba da bing. Meh, I just thought every house had rechargeable batteries and a charger.

2 wireless mice, 1 wireless keyboard and 1 wireless joypad and I'm not complaining.

15. tbrinkma macrumors 68000

I got about 13 hours of Zelda, 35 hours of various Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz mini-games, a couple hours of Wii Sports, and the initial setup and update time all off the original batteries with the included controller. The other 3 controllers have only been used for SMB:BB, and are still sitting at 3 or 4 bars.

16. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Nintendo has always been reliable with battery life. The GBC and GBA would just run, run, run, and run...

17. BurtonCCC thread starter macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

Thanks for the link, but I've just always hated using anything third-party, even if it means paying more for Official Nintendo Products. Even more so now that the Wii is gorgeous and I know MadCatz is going to totally mess it up. I did, of course, buy SanDisk SD Cards instead of the stupid Wii ones. I got a genuine SanDisk 1GB SD Card for about a quarter of the price of the Wii one. :)

Daniel.

18. rob finch macrumors member

So has anyone used NiMh batteries in the Wiimote/Nunchuck? I know the manual says don't do it, but I was planning on doing so all the same!

19. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Tell me about it. Why would anyone buy the Nintendo branded SD cards when when you can get SanDisk or PNA cards, at minimum, half the price?

By the way, I'm still on my first set of batteries after about 1 hour of Zelda, 2 hours of Wii Sports and the system setup/Mii creation thing. The battery charger is tempting but I may stick with AA batteries until I run out of them....

Sure, void your warranty. Nobody is stopping you.

20. rock6079 macrumors 6502

im sure a rechargeable pack will come out, maybe third party? nonethelss im still on my first, but i havent played too much