how many burned pixels...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by zoran, Sep 24, 2006.

1. zoran macrumors 68020

... an Apple Cinema Display must have to so that it can be replaced?

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

depends on how tight the people at the Apple Center are. Some people have had ACDs replaced with just one dead pixel, others have stuggled to get it replaced with 5.

If it's really obvious, and you can honestly say it distracts your workflow, they may be lenient enough to replace it for you. I know i would be pretty cut if i forked a few Gs over for a display with glowing green dots everywhere.

3. zoran thread starter macrumors 68020

Arent there any standard numbers of burned pixels that each company takes replacement procedures over sutch displays? I wqs once told that if its over 3 then u certainly get a replacement. I cant remeber by which company though!

4. iGary Guest

iGary

How long have you had it?

And generally, they "like" to see 8 or more before they think about repairing it.

Unless you yell at the top of your lungs in the middle ofthe store like I did.

Of course the first two displays I bought home went up in smoke - literally.

And no - no standard, really.

5. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

yeah i think there is but i cant remember it. I think its like 3 within 3 square inches of screen space or something like that.

6. Ripmax2000 macrumors regular

Do a Google seasrch for ISO 13406-2. This is the standard that all manufacturers should have to adhere to. Unless the product is "Class 1" there can be a certain amount of faulty pixels before they will replace them.

Also check have a look at Apple's official word on it http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=22194

Probably nether of that is much use, but at least it gives you a starting point, it's really just based on how the person in the store feels at the time.