How many dead pixels must one have to get a replacement?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Rezet, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Rezet macrumors 6502a

Rezet

Hey guys,
    How many dead pixels do you have to have on new lcd for apple to replace it (appx.)?

2. janey macrumors 603

janey

how many you got? if its one or two, no replacement...but if its a big cluster or a whole bunch then apple will replace it.

3. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Probably around 4 or 5 you can make a good case, however 1-2 Apple will not do anything about it, a big cluster or a line will warrant a repair.

4. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

I think the number is eight if the pixels are spread out. If they are very close together then the number is lower.

5. SolidGun macrumors 6502

SolidGun

How new is it?
    My problem was that there was a live pixel in the middle of the screen, but I had purchased it only 2 hours prior to noticing. The policy is that you can't get the exchange unless you have more, but the manager granted me the exchange since it was a recent purchase and it was in the middle of the screen. (This was at an Apple store BTW)

6. crees! macrumors 68000

crees!

If I remember from the official repair document that was obtained a while ago 7 or 8 was the number.

7. Rezet thread starter macrumors 6502a

Rezet

Ok got the answer. It really is 7 or 8.

8. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

It varies depending on the display, some are more, some are less than this old one.

9. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Best idea if a person has several pixel problems then take the display into your local Apple Store or Apple reseller. I would imagine it's all in how you approach the problem. A positive pleasant attitude will always be better received.