How Many Here Mac Users?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jefhatfield, Oct 15, 2003.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

hi i am jefhatfield and i invented the political talk here on macrumors way back in the early days

i was wondering how many people here actually use macs, just out of curiosity? or even know what a macintosh is?:p ;) :rolleyes: :mad: :cool: :eek: :confused: :D

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

AFAIK, a macintosh is a red, firm fleshed apple.

It's also my favorite computer. I do all my political arguing from my gorgeous 15" TiBook.

3. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

then you must always be right ;)

there is a term for the g-spot in some circles that refer to it as the macintosh...prolly in reference to its red juiciness or something, but i personally don't believe there is such a thing as a g-spot

but maybe someone can elaborate on that matter:p

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Hehe... no, I think I'm left. But still right. Go figure.

5. Pinto macrumors newbie

iMac G4 at home.

Previously had a Bondi and well before that a original Macintosh.

I am a certified (or maybe certifiable) Apple Engineer.

6. KCK macrumors regular

A dual G5 a Quicksilver G4 a Beige G3 and a Ti powerbook in my house

7. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Cube, G4 iMac, Powerbook.

All Mac here, of course.

8. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Indigo iMac here. One of three macs in the house. Never owned one of those wintel boxes and hopefully never will.

9. jamesatzones macrumors regular

G5 Dual, iMac 17" 800Mhz, iBook (Orginal), B&W 350 with G4 upgrade, PB5300, 2 6500 275Mhz, a Mac IIcx, IIfx, an SE30, a fat Mac (128K upgraded to 512K) and a partridge in a pair tree... Just a few Macs here :)

I would say there are some Mac users in here...

10. markjones05 macrumors 6502a

markjones05

right here.
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    \/

11. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Nope. Some sort of PC running Winders.

Oh. Hewlett Packard, it sez.

I just do some typing/printing for snail mail, Internet stuff, and store a few pictures. After I get done with all this medical stuff, I'll be back in the outdoors a lot more, and doing a lot less Internet...

:), 'Rat

12. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

mac user since 1986

never switched 'cuz i never bought a PC :)

13. toontra macrumors 6502

Use my G4 for music production for (too many) hours every day.
    First came to MacRumours a year or so ago to check out upcoming hardware releases, and it was soon on my list of "sites to visit regularly".
    As I don't have any technical comp training, or any contacts within apple, I don't contribute much to the other forums (my input would be limited to saying "I hope so-and-so will happen", or "I don't like the one-button mouse very much").
    I'm not a particularly political person, but during the lead-up to war earlier this year I felt compelled to have my say here, primarily to counter some of the arguments I was reading by certain members (most of whom seem to have since disappeared!).
    I've got to say that I have been greatly re-assured by many of the sentiments posted in this thread. As a Brit it would be wrong, but all too easy, to see the current US as, as Harold Pinter likes to say, "A grotesque monster out of control"; thanks to this forum I can plainly see that it is a country full of reasonable people, currently governed by a few ass-holes, and for that reason I'd like to say thanks, Jef, for having the idea.

14. Inu macrumors newbie

Well, i learned basic Appliances on a mac.

No Mac at work, no mac at home.

Drifted in here after the "Freedom Fries" Ruckus. Found out that there are some nice discussions here. Ok, some arent. But basically this Forum gives me a better view of the mood in the US than a newssite ever could, because people use to link and copy/paste a lot from different sources. As long as no one minds me reading/posting here without owning a mac, ill stay :)

15. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

when the political arguments got silly and ugly, i felt guilty for being the one that brought it into being on a mac site...i am still a mac user first, political armchair jockey second, so i visit the political section sometimes but if i read any farther into it, i would prolly want to have arn and the mods ban it altogether (again)

somehow, they put up with the political trolling which was made possible by me introducting such a non mac topic into the fray...but one day i think the leaders of macrumors will just banish this section and bring macrumors back to what it used to be about, macs;)

16. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

im a mac user since a 68030 powered performa that i bought in a Wal Mart ! Political discussion is good and hope Arn never closes it. Anyways love my quicksilver 1.33 G4.

17. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

If arn and the mods ban it, then it will spill over into the other threads. No way you can keep all of the opinions on politics silent. It's much better to have a seperate section for those of us who want debates on subjects we care deeply about.

18. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Hi Jef, I am also one of the original contributors to the political forums ;)

Macs and pc's here. My house looks like a CompUSA.

19. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

before you know it, we will have an adults only xxx section:p

mac users are into sex, too i assume???

20. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Jef, Are You a Mac User? is probably the best question ever asked in this forum - thanks! :D

D

21. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

No offense 'Rat, but how did you choose this as one of the forums you participate in? I'm here 'cuz at the end of the day I have my mac in common with almost all of the people I argue/discuss with. I don't care really, it just seems weird that you would settle on a mac rumor site.;)

22. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

actually both

ibook and compaq laptop...

23. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

and i like compaq way better because i think they are the best in industrial design...i mean, look at those curves...sexxxxxy

it's apple who copied compaq on the five colors motif...remember?

24. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

If that's the direction this site is heading, then I guess this avatar wouldn't be too risqué...

[EDIT - On second though, maybe it would -- since it would probably get this thread closed, even though it's not quite as bad as the PETA tar]

25. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

iBook 500 at home, rev. A Bondi iMac at work, and a G5 some time next year :D