iPad How many hours of usage do you get out of your ipad 3?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dave8209, Feb 20, 2013.

1. macrumors member

dave8209

I've only used mine for 3 hours of usage and its down to 44%

2. macrumors regular

Claefer

I get about 9 to 10 minutes per percent drop. 16 to 17 hours total.

3. macrumors member

Mine drops 10% per hour.
    Sometimes I get just 6 to 8 hours of usage.
    That is just web surfing and games and maybe some youtube videos.
    Battery always seemed to suck on mine.
    I tried restoring - no better.
    I unfortunately had to upgrade to iTunes 11 so I could finally/unwillingly update to ios6 to try and solve it and that did nothing.

4. macrumors regular

Two things:
    1. Turn off bluetooth if you aren't using it - huge battery drain
    2. If you don't need the screen on full brightness...turn it down. I tend to keep it at half bright and I typically go 6-7 days in-between charging. That is with an average of 3-4 hours of use per day.

5. macrumors newbie

When it launched the battery life was about 9.5 hrs to 10 hrs. With iOS 6 it went to about 14 hrs. How that I'm in iOS 6.1 the battery life is about 17 hrs. A couple weeks ago I was checking I was using about 5% per hr, which would mean about 20hrs battery life; but then I started playing angry birds and it lasted like 12-13hrs. So I would said if you're using the browser or any RSS readers, listening occasionally to music and watching the occasional web-video you could get about 15+ hrs. If you start playing games maybe 8-12hrs.

Pretty amazing. They advertise the iPad for 10 hrs but with updates I'm getting 1/2 battery life more, which they don't actually advertise as is.

6. macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

Under heavy use I get 12-13 hours. Under light daily use I can get 15-17 hours and days upon days of standby. Very impressed with iPad 3 battery life!

7. macrumors G3

charlituna

What are you doing during those 3 hours. That can make a big difference

8. macrumors 6502

Heavy use for me = Youtube,Video and Games i get between 7-8 Hours on iOS6.1

9. macrumors 6502

imlovinit

Ipad 3 battery life is pretty amazing. I can usually get over 10 hours of average use without playing movies.

10. macrumors member

tomaseriksson

lowering the screen brightness makes a huge difference in batterylife on the iPad 3 for me.

11. macrumors regular

Video and games, heavy use about 8-10 hours.

Browsing, mail, iBooks, I'm now getting 14-16 hours and still have 20% or so remaining.

Usually have BT off, and screen brightness a bit lower than default.

It does seem like batt life has gotten even longer with updates.

12. macrumors newbie

Mine has a strange problem. When I'm using Wifi hotspots like at co-working spaces and starbucks, the battery gets drained like crazy even if I'm not using it and have the lid closed!

2 ~ 3 hours, 50% gone!

Anyone else has this problem?

13. macrumors member

x2
    I noticed the same with my iPad 3. Battery life seems longer now than it did 7 months ago when I first made the purchase.

14. macrumors member

Byeen

Guys I know this may look pretty weird, but it's real..
    I was charging my iPad last week, I've used it generally for browsing, tumblr, facebook, mail, one episode of The Killing via Oplayer... And the usage and standby is pretty amazing, I've never seen such a numbers yet... I usually have 10 hrs of usage, so this is some special case, but I'm pretty happy about it :)

[​IMG]

15. macrumors newbie

Just adding to the 10-12 hrs at times. Brightness kills the battery, leaving it 2/3's of the way and I get probably 3-4 more hours than leaving it at full brightness. I use it for my Apple TV and pretty much got through a marathon first season of game of thrones without having to recharge.

16. macrumors regular

I'm not sure how accurate the usage meter but this is from a full charge down to 2% without being plugged in at all between.

[​IMG]

17. macrumors 601

As with any question on usage and battery life -- depends on the specific usage.

18. macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

Sitting at 73% right now, with 4 hours 59 minutes of usage. Mostly web surfing, some YouTube, and some Facebook.

19. macrumors 68020

aPple nErd

Mine has never died, and on 5.1.1, I use it for a couple hours every day, and now, after almost 2 hours, it is at 88% although I did not charge last night so I'm not completely sure.