How many in your iTunes Songs haven't you listened to

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by CompUser, Apr 18, 2006.

1. CompUser Guest

I have 2928 iTunes songs. I have listened to only 238 of them at least one time since I received this replacement computer (jan 06).

How many songs in your iTunes library haven't you listened to.

2. Shamus macrumors 6502a

Shamus

How do you find out how many you havent listened to?

3. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

4. musicalmcs8706 macrumors regular

I'm not sure as a lot of times I'll have listened to part of them and not the entire song.

5. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

I am proud to say that I have listened to every one of my over 5500 songs not just once, but twice! And the most-played song (an entire album, actually) has been played about 30 times. Of course, none of this counts what gets listened to on my iPod, but it gives you the idea.

6. Electro Funk macrumors 65816

Electro Funk

i have a ton of music on my iPod that i havent listened to yet... ;)

7. vniow macrumors G4

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

9. amateurmacfreak macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

Probably... about 300-400?
    No earthly idea, really.
    I have 1500 songs.

10. jakochampolska macrumors 6502

I have about 189 songs and I've only listened to 70 of them.
    I dont know how you guys even get up 400 songs! I guess I'm just really picky with my music :D

11. CompUser thread starter Guest

Hint: vew the play count counter

12. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Out of my 2349 songs I've listened to all but 54...most of the ones I haven't listened to are spoken stuff (DNC/Debates etc) or 15 minute long Phish songs. :p

I have 5 songs with over 100 plays, and all of my top 25 most played have over 60 plays each. :cool:

#1: One Headlight - The Wallflowers (158 plays)
    #2: Run - Snow Patrol (130 plays)

13. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Out of my 2365 songs, apparently I haven't listened to 1292... but that's really weird, because I know I've listened to all of them..

argh, my play count, she's been reset!!

My #1 most played song is Steven's Last night in town by Ben folds five, clocking in at an impressive 89, and 2nd is Take your mama out by the Scissor sisters at 68. (I listen to the latter in the car.. it's good drivin' music. The iPod transfers over play counts)

14. crdean1 macrumors 6502a

crdean1

15. Shamus macrumors 6502a

Shamus

:confused: Is this a function built into iTunes?

16. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I don't have much songs...like 500 but i've only listen to 150 of em...i very very picky about the music i put on my ipod...i have to be able to listen to that song at least 10times without hating it.

Bless

17. HckySo macrumors 6502

HckySo

The thing is I click the next song before the first song finishes and it doesn't count it as a play. According to my current iTunes library I haven't listened to 73% of my collection. But I play a lot more on my other computer.

18. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I have listened to 2337 out of 2638, so I haven't heard 301 out of 2638 songs in iTunes, which is quite good. ;)

Actually, some of that's bull, because from my list of "unheard of" tracks, I'm sure I have heard every one of my Outkast songs (and according to iTunes, I have never listened to one of them all the way through from beginning to end), nor have I heard my Red Hot Chili Peppers, any of my Paul Greene, some Bjork (bull*****)!!

I must have deleted those tracks and readded them to my list or something. :confused:

19. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

Right now, of my 3959 songs iTunes says I haven't listened to 2835 of them. However I whiped my hard drave a few weeks ago, and before I did that I had listened to all but a couple hundred of them....

20. ecche macrumors regular

choose 'new smart playlist' from the FILE menu, set first qualifier to 'playcount', set second qualifier to 'greater than' , set third qualifier to '0'. Voila!

21. bartelby macrumors Core

22. Shamus macrumors 6502a

Shamus

Awesome thanks! :) I have listened to 847 songs from my library of 1181.

23. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Of my top rated ones, I've listened to them all. There are about 800 others which I've not really liked so didn't listen all the way through or have bought for videos/slideshows which are low rated so not listened to.

I use the Play Count and Last Listened to options a lot in playlists. When on the iPod, I use one smart playlist that takes all my 4 and 5 star songs that I haven't heard for more than 2 months so that I listen to some of the tracks that otherwise I'd forget about. That playlist is sitting at around 1100 out of 2200 that I haven't heard recently.

At home with iTunes open, I sometimes have that playlist open or I'll pick and choose a little more.

24. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

use a smart playlist which finds all songs whose total playcount = 0

For me, i have about 8000 songs and i haven't listened to most of them, although, this isn't exactly true, as i have in fact listened to lots of them on my CD player, or listened to them on itunes and skipped to the next song before the track has technically stopped, so itunes hasn't counted it. Also, its not like i didn''t listen to my older CD's before i had itunes!

25. iGav macrumors G3

All of them I'm afraid. :eek: :D

I deleted the ex's stuff just after Christmas, which got rid of the crap, and I've been auditing for stuff that I don't like since January.

I listen to the CD's as I import them so everything's been heard at least once. :D