1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

How many iPods have you owned?

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Nov 1, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 604

zap2

8 to date...plan to get my 9th on friday(assuming the Apple Store has new shuffles in stock!)

They are like drugs....legal drugs!

3. macrumors 68040

Koodauw

8 here as well, however, I only ever owned 2 at a time. The upgrade bug just hits hard.

4. macrumors 6502a

bluebomberman

B&W Click Wheel, but the battery's starting to go...tempted to grab a new iPod instead of bothering with the battery replacement. Considering that a Shuffle's almost as expensive as a new battery...

Uh, oh, maybe I'll have to change my answer to a pending 2...

5. macrumors 68040

MrSmith

Why is there no 'None' option? Am I being discriminated against? iPodism? Seriously, none. I don't need one, though I'd get a Shuffle for morning walks if they halved the price.

6. macrumors 68020

ive had 3 1st gen first month it came out got the 15gig 3 gen and the 5 gen ipod vid

7. macrumors 68040

MrSmith

Just wondering...why have more than one at a time? Has the sound drastically improved or something? Or is it just gadget-mania?

8. macrumors demi-god

Manatee

8 for me, plus 2 for my wife.

I have: (I keep them all :) )

- Original 5Gb
    - 3rd Gen 40Gb
    - Color 60Gb
    - Video 60Gb
    - Mini 4Gb (green)
    - Shuffle 1Gb
    - Nano 1st gen 4Gb (black)
    - Nano 2nd gen 8Gb (black)

My wife has:

- Mini 4Gb (pink)
    - Nano 4Gb (pink)

My next one will be the real video iPod. :)

9. macrumors 6502a

xPismo

Dang. one. Only One, but I will *will* get the Video iPod. Ooooh yes. :)

10. macrumors 65816

iKwick7

4-

-3G 15 gig (or was it a 20?)
    -512 shuffle
    -60 gig video
    -2G shuffle

11. Moderator emeritus

kainjow

11.. soon to be 12 once the 2G shuffle is available in stores!!

Edit: wait, 12 - I once had two shuffles :D

12. macrumors 6502a

cloudnine

3... but only 2 at a time... my first ipod (which is almost full) was my 60gb ipod photo... then i bought the 4gb black ipod nano when it was released (the first generation nano)... then sold that the day the brushed aluminum ones were released and got a 4gb silver :)

I think I'm gonna sell my 60gb ipod photo in a couple weeks and get an 80gb video ipod, and i'm contemplating getting a shuffle, but i dunno... while it's awesome, i'm not really sure i want an ipod without a display :/

13. macrumors 68040

Grimace

I've owned 5. Why is that not an option? :confused:

14. macrumors member

five

- 5gig 1st gen (bought on 10/23/2k1!)
    - 40gig 3rd gen (since given to my dad)
    - 1gb shuffle (first gen)
    - 60gb 5th gen video
    - 4gb first gen nano

so i currently have four of five, however the original 5gb is mostly decorative...

15. macrumors 604

clayj

Four so far. 4G iPod (60 GB), 1G nano (4 GB), 5G iPod (60 GB -- replaced 4G iPod), 2G nano (8 GB -- replaced 1G nano).

16. macrumors 6502a

mikeinternet

1 ipod

1 pod here. 1st gen still kicking! sure it only charges in the wall now and the battery life gives me about 2 hours (as long as i leave the backlight off) but i love it.

17. macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I just have 1 iPod, the 60GB iPod Video, still going strong and i still love it :D.

18. macrumors 65816

Fiveos22

Wow. After they replaced my first generation iPod for the third time, I started thinking that maybe I should upgrade. So far the original flash 4gig Nano has been taking a lickin' and is still tickin'...its probably the best gadget I've ever owned.

19. macrumors 6502a

Superdrive

I've owned 4 iPods. I had a 10GB 2nd generation that ended up with an old girlfriend. The rest that I am in possession of are a 40GB 4th Gen, a 1GB 1st Gen Nano, and a 512MB 1st Gen Shuffle.

20. macrumors 68020

I would buy gas for my car, if they halved the price.;)

21. macrumors 6502a

Lixivial

Two thus far, what with my recent purchase of a 1G Shuffle. I will be trading up for a video iPod if it lives up to expectations, as I'm just now getting into the whole portable music video/DVD rip love.

I enjoy the iPod and mine has definitely worn its money worth and held up quite brilliantly (even after I dropped it in a slush puddle back in December, where it sat in the rain for 8 hours). I've used my 5G at least an two hours a day every day since I bought it 1 year ago. My biggest problem is that I keep killing my headphones. :(

22. 717
    macrumors member

None! *runs for the hills*

23. macrumors 603

gr8tfly

6 Total, 2 current

6 total

oldest first:

2 - 1st Gen iPod Original 5GB Original Scroll Wheel (bought 1st one in Apple Store 1st day of release, which was a tad of 5 years ago recently) Might still work, if I replace the drive and/or battery. (sold one of them, but this is the very first and the one bought from new Apple Store.

1 - 2nd Gen 40GB iPod with the 4-button backlite control above wheel (sold)

1 - 4th Gen 60GB iPod photo "sold" to family member

1 - 1st Gen 4GB Nano (White)

1 - 5G (Late-2006) 80GB Video

24. macrumors 6502a

iJaz

2, a shuffle and a 20 gb 3g, still have the shuffle though it's a bit broken.
    will get 2g shuffle and an 80 gb 5.5g soon.

25. macrumors regular

MatthewConnelly

My 3rd gen 20GB iPod is still serving me well after almost 2 and a half years (July 04). I'm planning to get a new iPod along with a MBP early next year. :D