Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hfg

macrumors 68040
Dec 1, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA. USA
I have never seen an official Apple spec for the Facetime camera resolution in the Macbook Air published anywhere. I have seen some discussions where they mentioned 0.3 Mpixel with 640 x 480 resolution on the non-HD facetime cameras, but no validation links were provided.

But, seriously, even a cheap P&S camera would be much more convenient, easier to use, and take better photos than the Macbook Air Facetime camera. :D:D:D

Xeperu

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2010
It's VGA so about 0.3 mpixel. It's fine for it's purpose though.

Mpixels are not all that matters. My old 6 mpixel DSLR makes pictures tenfolds better than your average 12 mpixel compact cam.

simeezee

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2009
I have never seen an official Apple spec for the Facetime camera resolution in the Macbook Air published anywhere. I have seen some discussions where they mentioned 0.3 Mpixel with 640 x 480 resolution on the non-HD facetime cameras, but no validation links were provided.

But, seriously, even a cheap P&S camera would be much more convenient, easier to use, and take better photos than the Macbook Air Facetime camera. :D:D:D

I'm guess next gen of MBA will get a HD Facetime camera.

hfg

macrumors 68040
Dec 1, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA. USA
I'm guess next gen of MBA will get a HD Facetime camera.

The HD-Facetime cameras are on the new Macbook Pro line. Perhaps they are too thick to fit in the Air display? Plus, I think these are more of a video-cam than a photo camera so they probably don't see a need for a high resolution camera.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.