How many miles do you drive per day on average?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by leomac08, Mar 1, 2010.

?

How many miles do you drive per day?

1. 33 miles or less

65 vote(s)
    58.0%
  2. 30-40 miles

15 vote(s)
    13.4%
  3. 40-60 miles

10 vote(s)
    8.9%
  4. 60-80 miles

6 vote(s)
    5.4%
  5. 80-100 miles

8 vote(s)
    7.1%
  6. 100+ miles

8 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. macrumors 68020

leomac08

If you're a commuter that drives a car everyday I would really love to see how many miles on average do you drive to work or school per day?

The Average American Driver drives 33.3 Miles per day.

On average I drive around 83-86 Miles per day.

From LAX (Los Angeles International Airport/Inglewood Area) to Irvine (Orange County, CA) on the 405 to go to school everyday M-F

and just for your information I used to drive a Toyota Highlander, but most recently i'm driving a Toyota Matrix.

2. macrumors G3

rhett7660

60+ for me. My one way trip to work is 30 miles. Then of course if I have things to do etc.

3. macrumors 6502

I only drive about 18 miles per day. 20 at most. On an average day it's just to and from school, which is a 9 mile trip.

I live in Australia however and not a very large city so this is definitely going to be completely different for you Yanks.

King Mook Mook

4. macrumors 6502

A grand total of 2.2 miles roundtrip a day. I live real close to work. I only put around 2100 miles on my car in over 2 years. My car is going to last forever!

5. thread starter macrumors 68020

leomac08

Wow! I feel your pain... 60 miles is long.

Australia is big....but I have never been there.....Don't know if you australians have Freeways like us in the U.S.A? :eek:

6. macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

good greif that is not that many miles. I have had months were I cranks out more miles than your car has on it. I have crank out 4k in under a month before.

7. macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I'm in a very similar situation. I bike to work when the weather permits as well.

8. Guest

Surely

Every once in a while (when it's raining or unusually cold) I'll drive to class at UCLA, which is around 3.5 round trip. Usually I bike, and sometimes I walk if I have extra time.

I do much more driving on the weekend, but that's to and from fun activities.

Once I finish with school (soon!) and I'm working, I'm sure my driving needs will change.....

Before I went back to school, I drove 7 miles round trip to work in Beverly Hills......

9. macrumors member

I feel sorry for you. I live in LA but my job is about a mile away. I often drive places around the southland for my work but the 405 m-f... i'm sorry for you!

10. macrumors G3

rhett7660

Ohhh the pain. The 405 is horrible. I take, 91>>710>>10. Not to bad. The hours I have make it actually nice. No real traffic. 405 seems to always have traffic and going into LAX... uggh. I feel the pain!

11. macrumors P6

DoFoT9

hmm id probably drive ~70miles per day to uni and back.

12. macrumors 68040

Jaro65

1 mile on average. That is, I'm in school now, but since I'm a distance education student, I only need to drive to the grocery store on a weekend. This was similar though for me over the last 4 years, since prior to school I was in consulting. I only needed to travel when going to see a customer, in which case I would take a limo to the airport. Of course, there are those occasional weekend trips which I'm not taking into account here.

13. macrumors 6502

Australia is big, but it just so happens that we don't very often drive around it! And we do have freeways (you can come and see them for yourself, if you like)!

14. macrumors P6

DoFoT9

i wouldnt recommend that. our highways mainly consist of one lane roads (each way of course) - and they are uneven and rocky. thats what its like around my part anyway (northern nsw).

dual lane carriage ways are a luxury :p

15. macrumors 68000

zephead

Anywhere from 400-600 miles. But that's only because I'm a truck driver. The most I've ever driven in one sitting is 669 miles. :eek:

It's always like that at the East LA Interchange. That labyrinth's probably jammed even in the middle of the night.

16. macrumors G3

rhett7660

I agree. I think that is one of the worst road ways in the nation. Horrible. I avoid that place at all costs if I can.....

17. macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

Me too.

18. macrumors P6

DoFoT9

not to sure on that one but. i generally do about 600kms a week, so i divided by 5 then converted into miles for you guys ;)

19. macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

How long does your commute take? Mine takes about 90 minutes getting there, (traffic) and only 40 minutes coming back.

20. macrumors 6502a

comictimes

Woof. I don't know how you guys do that... I went from the Oakland, CA to New York with my girlfriend last summer in 5 or 6 days, and I think our longest day was about long. And that was tough, even switching off every hour or two!

21. macrumors newbie

4 to 5 miles on an average

22. macrumors P6

DoFoT9

straight through run is 45minutes, with traffic it can take 2hrs. thats what happens when hundreds of thousands of people drive on a dual lane highway ;)

23. macrumors 6502

Nicely done, NSW Government (and now we've got the puppet Keneally). Seriously, if you guys want to see a dysfunctional government at work, go and see the faction driven, dysfunctional and soon-to-be in opposition NSW Labor Government!

24. macrumors 6502

0 Miles.

I either work from home or I use public transport.

25. macrumors 68030

.Andy

^^^^snap!

0. I catch the train and it is wonderful :).