How many of there are you???...playing video games??

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by uspcommuter, Oct 19, 2006.

1. uspcommuter macrumors regular

Aug 23, 2004
    I was reading an article at joystiq featuring a youtube video on the Wii and Madden 07 from the developers' P.O.V. and I notice that one of the developers is a girl :). Which brings back a certain conversation with a person I dated a few years back. My friend, she argued that there is no such thing as a female gamer, and that even if there were any, their interests in games doesn't go beyond a casual game of tetris/ddr etc. At the time, I wish there were more girls out there that consider themselves gamers. While my gaming madness has gone down over the years...I still like to play some street fighter 2, metal gear solid and so the big question is...

Are there any female gamers out there??????

And if so...what do you play??

Link of video:
  2. SamIchi macrumors 68030

Aug 1, 2004
    There are tons of female gamers, I just can't find any.... but that's besides the point. It's still pretty rare I guess, but not like 10 yrs ago. Videogames are big business.
  3. Leareth macrumors 68000

Nov 11, 2004

define female gamer?

I play Morrowind at least three times a week, along with Dungeon Siege, NWN, KOTOR, plus every sunday multiplayer Rainbow Six 3
    My mother plays the Myst series and my aunt writes the Code for games.

I have had female students use WoW as an excuse why the did not finish their assignments are they gamers or addicts?

A number of female students have PSP's as well as gameboys.