How many of you are a certified Apple tech.

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by fuzzy7slippers, Jun 24, 2003.

1. fuzzy7slippers macrumors member

I am studying right now to and hope to take the Apple certification exam as soon as I can. I am just wondering how many of you here are techs.

2. fuzzy7slippers thread starter macrumors member

3. Interiority macrumors member

Half way there...

I passed the OS X Administration Basics exam... Haven't managed to get around to taking the Server Essentials exam though. Lack of time, and the fact that there doesn't seem to be anything available in the way of study material - apart from the official Apple course.

4. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

I was always under the impression that you HAD TO take the official Apple courses in order to take the tests. Is this not the case? The prices for the Apple courses run into the thousands for each one, which is what always kept me away. If I could somehow study on my own and then take the test I'd really be interested. Any more info on this?

5. Interiority macrumors member

I am certain that you don't need to take the official Apple course... I simply booked the OS X Admin Basics exam though Prometric, and studied with the Exam Cram book. All I need to do now is pass the Server Essentials exam to get the Apple Certified Technical Coordinator qualification.

There are certifications that require you to go on the vendors official training course - the Oracle DBA qualification for example. Maybe the situation is the same with Apple's hardware certifications? - I'm not sure.