How many people downloaded the pirated Leopard?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Zazaban, Sep 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zazaban macrumors regular

I just have to tell you how much you've screwed up. you're stealing from Apple. you're a disgrace to mac users everywhere. It's disgusting people would ever do this. wasteland is clogged up with people talking about leopard and acting as though everybody has it, it's sick and twisted.

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Admirable but futile... Farting against thunder, I'm afraid. :D

3. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

No I havent, but im not "morally" against it either. I just dont want to even fool with any possible unstable OS, my time and computers are too valuable for that. I will wait to buy a legit copy around the x.x.3 version release.

4. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Never heard that expression, love it.

Didn't take long to update your sig. :D

5. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

Great rant. Although I don't condone piracy, I think you're wrong to claim that people are 'stealing' from Apple. Apple isn't selling the developer preview of Leopard, they simply distributed it to developers and asked (via a NDA) not to distribute it. It's not stealing, it's simply dishonest (and probably illegal) on the part of the developer who leaked it.

6. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Loosely translated from the Dutch original, I think. Something my father used to say occasionally. Vulgar but succinct.

7. iGary Guest

iGary

You love anything to do with farting. :rolleyes:

8. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

hee hee

off topic: i cant wait to get it
    it will help my "get in shape" jogs go faster:D

9. nukiduz macrumors 6502

nukiduz

10. BBC B 32k macrumors 6502

What is this wasteland you speak of? I recall an ancient game on the apple II is there now an apple chat area called wasteland?

Buy all my os releases by getting new macs. Not buying macbook until the next cat is let out.

11. Zazaban thread starter macrumors regular

Well since you're using apple made stuff without their permission it's alot like stealing.

12. oblomow macrumors 68000

oblomow

I object! There's no such dutch proverb!! Tsssk, the dutch vulgar, how could you say that! :)

13. oober_freak macrumors regular

Steve Ballmer downloaded it. He searched for the torrent on Google and installed Leopard on his iPod

14. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

I said I was guessing... but I lived there for five years... in Eindhoven, ja. ;)

15. oblomow macrumors 68000

oblomow

Eindhoven? Sounds like Philips. Or ASML.

16. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Farting is always funny. :cool:

17. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

How? Using something without permission is not stealing.

Downloading movies/music from limewire/P2P is not stealing, it's copyright infringement (a subtle, but important difference). Distributing software which you signed a NDA for is not stealing, its a breach of the NDA (and therefore illegal). Downloading and using the said software is not stealing either, its a breach of the Licence agreement you are presented with when installing the software.

I can't stand this assumption that everything is stealing.

18. weg macrumors 6502a

weg

What a pointless, futile, unnecessary posting... I really don't understand this militant attitude against what you think is piracy. Have you considered that most people who downloaded the pirated copy probably own a Mac and will buy a copy of Leopard sooner or later, anyway, so there's no damage done to Apple. But if you really think that Apple is going bankrupt over this, no one prevents you from donating your money to them (or, alternatively, you could buy a batch of those).

Instead of wasting your time and randomly accusing people (you don't know) to be criminals (the subject of your posting was "how many people downloaded.." and you start off with "you're stealing from Apple". "You" includes me - even though I didn't download the pirated copy of Leopard. I'm considering to sue you over defamation) you could go and do something nice to somebody you know or love.

19. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

However the end result is exactly the same - obtaining something you did not pay for but should have. Whether you download it or steal it from Target, in my book it is stealing.

20. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

well some developers cant afford to go to WWDC, especially if they live outside the US, and those devs still need to make their apps work with leopard, pirateing leopard does no hard to apple, mostly good due to better apps being developed to be more compatible, hell at the moment apple is not even looseing a sale of ADC membership as it's not even offered to ADC people, only WWDC goers.

if a dev can afford it they should buy ADC when it's available, but apple is really dropping the ball by not makeing it available yet.

21. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

yeah, when apple steal your money, you probably don't even realize it.

22. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

After your post I decided to download leapord and distribute it to as many people as I know. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.