How many people got a free shipping upgrade?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Gus, Aug 23, 2002.

1. Gus
    macrumors 65816

Gus

Ok, I know I got bumped up from FedEx Ground to FedE2Day for free. Anyone else get this? It seems to me Apple has done this before, but I can't remember when exactly. Was it the original release of OS X in March, 2001?

By the way, I just realised that all of these OS X updates are happening on the 24th of their respective months. What gives?

2. macrumors 6502a

rice_web

Yeah, I was bumped to 2-day service, but I still have no hope of getting it today. I've been tracking my package, and it's been in Tennessee since 12:30 yesterday morning (central time), 1:30 eastern, and so on.

I was hoping to get it today to get it working at my office, but I'll have to wait because either (1) Fedex is being stupid, or (2) Apple delayed the shipment intentionally.

3. macrumors newbie

I actually got PRIORITY OVERNIGHT and i only paid for the standard shipping. I got the package as i was walking out the door to work today. Cant wait to get home and do the install :)

4. macrumors member

I got bumped from ground to Overnight.

5. macrumors 6502

fedex

i got bumped up from ground to overnight too. i checked the fedex site, and I'll be getting my Jaguar in a few hours.

6. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i think i got bumped from 2day to overnight. at least given the shipment/delivery time... was only one night. so yeah

7. macrumors 6502a

rice_web

Curse you all! I'm going to be waiting all weekend to test drive Jaguar, and you'll have it sometime today.

Oh jesus, that above sentence was all too "geeky" for me. Let's just pretend I didn't say it.

8. macrumors regular

I got bumped...from overnight to 2nd day. Much bitching to Apple Customer Service ensued, with the end result that I got my shipping refunded, so it was effectively a bump from standard ground to 2nd day.