iPad How many people would actually upgrade their iPad to the next one

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Samtb, Mar 19, 2013.

?

Would you upgrade to the next ipad

1. Yes, I want a faster processor

25 vote(s)
    20.7%
  2. Yes, I want the new mini form factor

48 vote(s)
    39.7%
  3. Yes, I always upgrade

22 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. Only if the processor is much faster

14 vote(s)
    11.6%
  5. Only if it has a better camera or other upgraded feature

14 vote(s)
    11.6%
  6. No, im happy with the 4

34 vote(s)
    28.1%
  1. macrumors 65816

Im interested to know, assuming it will be out after summer at point, and will have A7X and the mini design, would you upgrade? What would make you upgrade and what would deter you from upgrading?

2. Guest

3. macrumors regular

arefbe

I'll keep my iPad 4. It has one advantage the iPad 5 doesn't have. It's paid for.

4. macrumors 65816

5. macrumors member

Sophia.

Only if it has a better camera or other upgraded feature.:rolleyes:

6. macrumors 65816

myrtlebee

Just purchased a 2, which suits my needs perfectly, but that would be a yes if I had the money. We'll see. I usually only upgrade once there is a noticable design change (plus internal upgrades), and this would be the case with this scenario. It would be tempting!

7. macrumors 68040

How bout the processor, size and weight, battery life, etc. etc.

I will not buy it just for retina in itself, other factors need to be considered.

----------

I do not think selling the 4 and going with the 5 will be something that will stop people regardless the 4 is already paid for. I do not think $400 is out of the question with selling the 16gb model so cash outlay for 5 should not be too bad.

8. macrumors 68020

Always Upgrade.

Just for the fun of it.

Yet I don't sell the prior model until I'm satisfied the upgrade is advantageous to me. That holds true for All Apple Hardware I buy.

9. macrumors regular

I upgrade every cycle. Have done this since first gen. I just sold my iPad 4 to either get a iPad 5 or a MacBook Air until its announced. My wife and 3 year old daughter share a iPad mini which we won't be upgrading because they don't need the newest and best.

10. macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't even consider getting the bigger iPad unless it's 0.75 lb or thereabouts and the overall size is trimmed down a little. I MIGHT get a faster mini with an upgraded camera, but probably not. If the mini got a retina display, I'd definitely get it.

11. macrumors 68000

Medic311

i just checked every option - was i not supposed to? :confused:

LOLLLLLL

12. macrumors member

hifromtomorrow

I have the 3, so I am "due".

I will, as my partner is angling for my 3, when I do upgrade.

13. macrumors 68040

thadoggfather

I just bought a Logitech KB so I don't really want to do that.

Plus I enjoy my jailbreak. on iPad 3.

Had a bad 'quality control' swap with iPad 4 (tried two, and didn't enjoy the dynamic contrast thing inherent on all of them) and returned to 3 and its perfect screen (which was hard to find on its own).

That's the other thing, if quality control is terrible like it's been in general, fuggetaboutit.

Either way, I don't think I'll sell off my 3 at this point. It's been through so much

14. macrumors 65816

I have the 3 and it does everything I want it to do. I will upgrade the day that statement can no longer hold true.

I know eventually iOS updates will slow down the system with higher system memory requirements. I am holding on to iOS 5.x that the 3 came with as long as possible.

15. macrumors newbie

I will keep my ipad 4 32gb for two years but ill get the next ipad mini for additional memory.

16. macrumors demi-god

Gav2k

Mini with either a6 or retina and i will. Love the current mini but im a sucker

17. macrumors newbie

Im more than happy with the 4.

Not slow at all and the display is stunning. There is nothing apple can put in the next ipad that would make me want one.

18. macrumors regular

LaurieAnn

19. macrumors 6502a

Pompiliu

20. macrumors 65816

Patriks7

Still running on an iPad 2, so definitely upgrading. Have had the money saved ever since the 3 was released; was expecting more from the 4, so it's still being saved.

21. macrumors regular

bloutrein

I will upgrade provided they come up with an iPad Nano. :apple: ;)

22. Han Solo 1, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013

macrumors 6502

I just bought the 4 and couldn't be happier with it. And when the 5 comes out I will eventually cave and buy it, and a month later the 6 will be out.

:p

23. macrumors 68040

djransom

I just got a 4 and I'm cool with that for at least a year.

24. macrumors 65816

If they bring something fun like another form factor or so I don't see why I shouldn't sell my iPad 4 I got a month or so ago and get the iPad 5, it's always fun to upgrade.

25. macrumors 68040

No plans.

It will undoubtedly have a new body, a faster processor, better cameras, stereo speakers, and all sorts of other nice things. But, as someone said earlier, the 3 does everything I want (reading and writing), so I am unlikely to upgrade this time around. I wanted the Retina display, and I got it. I don't think there is much more Apple can do here.

In fact, I am keeping my eye out for the next Nexus 10, which will probably have a better display than the iPad 5's. I doubt I will get it, though, because I am already completely satisfied with the display on the 3 (the first time in my life that I have been satisfied with a computer screen).