How many Seconds till Powerup?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by rapps, Feb 15, 2005.

1. rapps macrumors regular

Hi,
    I've had major issues with my Powerbook G4 1.33 not booting up properly. Its been in the shop 3 times and I just got it back today. The problem was...the screen would remain black upon reboot. The logic board and some other items were replaced.

It takes my PB almost exactly 12 Seconds from the Chime until I see the screen light up. Can some of you please let me know if 12 seconds is about right?

Thanks so much.

Jason

2. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Hmm... 12 seconds seems a bit long. 4-5 is the max for my iBook. I guess 12 seconds isn't bad as long as the unit works properly?

3. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

takes about 6-8 seconds for a screen response for me... but the only time I ever really restart my computer is after I install a program, or do an OS Update.

4. rapps thread starter macrumors regular

Yea...it seems to be working. I went to the apple store and it was 12 seconds over there too. So, maybe its ok.

5. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Wow, 12 seconds seems like quite a long time, but if that's what the other ones are doing too, must be right. :) At least now you can use it in peace! ;) :D

6. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

24 seconds on my iMac G5 with 256mbs of Ram. I'm scared. :eek:

I have a Gig chip coming tomorrow. :)
    I hope it will help.

Edit: It's 8 seconds from sound to grey screen then 16 more to login window, for a total of 24 seconds. I tell you tomorrow if it is faster. :)

7. rapps thread starter macrumors regular

Yea..thats what got me worried. I thought 12 was too long, but 2 at the store did it. I'm ebaying it now...

Hopefully I'll get enough $$ to get close to getting a new one with the 8X Sd.