How Many Songs have you purchased from AMS?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Stelliform, Jul 12, 2003.

1. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Now that the newness factor has worn off, I still find myself hearing a song on the radio and buying it from Apple Music Service. I just bought 5 songs today. Considering I spent $0 on music in the last 2 years, this is definitely a plus for musicians...

So my total count is currently 19.

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

the correct name is ITMS, for iTunes Music Store. And for me, 37. :)

pnw

3. MacRumorSkeptic macrumors regular

I was never a big music buyer either until the ITMS came along. I've purchased 108 tracks, 5 albums, and will continue to purchase music there regularly.

4. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

I don't buy any because I am in Europe, but I do use it to preview music and then buy it from amazon if it is any good. If I do buy from iTMS, I will also download the mp3 of that song off Kazza, so I can play it on any device I want. I have one Mac server in my house that has all the music that my PCs and other Macs access over the network. If I got iTMS music then only the Macs in my house could play the music.

5. SPG macrumors 65816

SPG

I still haven't bought any, but I have bought a few CD's in the past few weeks. I guess I'm old school.

6. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I've purchased 3 albums thus far...

35 tracks total...

and quite honestly the most I've spent on music in a couple years... ;)

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I'm not from the US. :(

Damn you, Copyright laws!!!!
    *shakes fist in air*

I'll start buying when someone lets me.

8. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

>calculates<

>calculates<

>calculates<

ummmmmmmm

$0.00

1) don't use my mac.

2) I would only buy the music of the people who need the money. I refuse to give any more money to Brittney Spears - she has enough. I would buy a song by a local artist though, but I am more into mainstream stuff, so then again I probably wouldn't want a local artist's stuff.

scem0

9. evil macrumors 6502

zero. i have over 300 cds. they keep me happy enough.
    i have also ripped them all onto my ipod

10. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

27 so far. Try to not let myself go crazy so I limit it to 3 to 4 a week. It would be easy to have a couple of hundred just disappear from my bank account.

11. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

I've bought about 30 or so total (including one full album). I continue to buy 2-3 per week.

I've also downloaded about 15 songs via Acquisition over the same time period (none of the songs were available on iTMS). Given a choice, I prefer to buy the songs from iTMS instead of using a file-sharing app.

I've also bought a couple of actual CD's recently.

12. Stelliform thread starter macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Such a perfectionist.. :rolleyes: Thanks for the heads up.. :D (And I thought I was being cool with my abbreviation. Looks like no matter how you slice it I am not cool. :cool: )

13. Skandranon macrumors regular

[weeping]

Aw, man. Am I the only sucker who's dished out over $200 to Apple since iTMS's inception?

At least my music collection is growing... even if my wallet isn't. This is easily the most I've EVER spent on music. Period.

I'm deathly afraid of when iTMS actually has a full repertory of artists. I suspect we'll start to see the iTunes Music Store in its true glory once the Windoze version releases.

[scraps up change from the couch]

14. Skandranon macrumors regular

Warning to iTMS addicts

Do NOT hop on iTunes when you're drunk and looking for good music. And keep your inebbriated friends as FAR away from the Mac as possible, too.

:rolleyes: :D

15. BaghdadBob macrumors 6502a

BaghdadBob

scem0, don't mean to preach, but if you're into mainstream maybe you should support it. There are a ton of people you're supporting who are not millionaires, such as all the technical people.

'ways, I've purchased 58 songs. Mostly just trying to fill gaps in my collection on things that I won't buy the whole album for -- for example, Aretha Franklin, or En Vogue, Seal, or the Gran Turismo Soundtrack...

And for me, also, it is the most money I've spent on music in years. Such garbage out there, but I guess it's always been that way...I guess before it was a matter of other genres sucking, where now the genres I like have been thoroughly gang-raped.

Intoxication and iTMS DO NOT MIX. Thankfully for me I am < broke ( :confused: ) so I don't have to worry about it.