how many surge protectors in your den?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iBookG4user, Sep 4, 2006.

1. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

How many surge protectors/battery backups do you have in your den/computer room? And what are you plugging into them?

I currently have just put in my 4th surge protector :eek:. The room is fairly small (I'd assume around 9x9) and it has to house the 37" HD rear projection tv, 2 smaller 20" SD TVs, Gamecube, Xbox 360, playstation 2, intel iMac, 17" LCD monitor, slow windows box, router, modem, telephone, printer, SNES, VCR, Satalite box, surge protector and probably some things that I completely forgot about.

2. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

i have four too. i probly wont get any more cuse i might start flipping breakers.

3. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

4 here as well, but three of them are used for computers that i dont turn on much except this Sawtooth i'm on right now. And the fourth is for the TV console, receiver and some christmas lights. woot. What a random thread BTW. :eek:

4. Demoman macrumors regular

5. iBookG4user thread starter macrumors 604

iBookG4user

It was thought up when my dad accidentally turned off a surge protector, that one happened to be the one for the networking portion of the plugs so he took out our entire wired/wireless network -_-.

In my room I have 2 surge protectors that are all filled with my CRT monitor, windows destop, speakers, mobile phone charger, PSP charger, DS charger, iBook charger, lamp, clock and the other surge protector.

6. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

I have my iMac here in my bedroom and I only have one because I usually never have enough outlets for all of the devices -- lamps, chargers, the iMac, etc.