How many waiting for Core 2 Duo to buy MB/MBP?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by fener, Sep 9, 2006.

?

Are you waiting for Core 2 Duos to buy a MB/MBP in very near future?

Poll closed Dec 8, 2006.
  1. Yes, holding and will buy as soon as CORE 2 DUO releases

    205 vote(s)
    80.1%
  2. No, don't care about whats in the laptop. Will go out and buy whatever they have soon.

    51 vote(s)
    19.9%
  1. fener macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2003
    #1
    Here is an attempt to get the percentage of actually how many people are holding off from buying MB/MBPs right now.

    Please, participate in voting ONLY if you are currently in the notebook market looking to buy in the very near future.


    Are you holding off your MBP/MB purchase for Core 2 Duo?
     
  2. deepy macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2006
    #2
    aint there posts like this already?

    anyway - i'm waiting to get a macbook. but only waiting til tuesday. no C2D by tuesday and i'll buy anyway.
     
  3. LionsKiss macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2006
    Location:
    HK
  4. fener thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2003
    #4
    yes there are various threads about the subject, but none with a poll. want to see the percentage
     
  5. deepy macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2006
    #5
    The polls a bit odd. I DO care about what processor the laptop has but am on a strict time limit so HAVE to buy whatever is in the laptop.
     
  6. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2004
  7. bluedevil14 macrumors regular

    bluedevil14

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2006
    Location:
    Washington, DC
    #7
    waiting, im buying one the second they come out, ive waited way too long
     
  8. damienvfx macrumors regular

    damienvfx

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2006
    Location:
    Los Angeles, CA
    #8
    On the fence

    I was going to wait, then not, then wait, then not again.

    Then, my co-worker bought an iMac last Sunday. Well he was right pissed on Wednesday, which made me realize I'd kick myself if I made a similar move.
     
  9. BeefUK macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2006
    #9
    I'm waiting as I don't really need the machine yet, it would just be nice to have one soon.
     
  10. Sideonecincy macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2003
    #10
    I am waiting for it because I want to switch to a laptop but am in no big hurry.
     
  11. heehee macrumors 68020

    heehee

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2006
    Location:
    Same country as Santa Claus
    #11
    I am. I am buying one the second it comes out. The current MBP is running too hot for me. :(
     
  12. NextTuesday macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2006
    Location:
    Cork, Ireland
    #12
    I was thinking of waiting, considering what the lady in the reseller told me, but since my Dad is ordering a C2D iMac on Monday and my MacBook along with it (hopefully) I see no point in waiting, if I need 64-bit or the 10-20% speed increase then I'll use my iMac otherwise there's no point.
     
  13. OW22 macrumors 6502

    OW22

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2006
    Location:
    Dublin, Ireland
    #13
    I voted in the waiting for Core 2 Duo.

    Got an iMac 5 weeks ago, now the Merom chips are out in them so I ain't making the same mistake with the Notebooks!

    i need a notebook so I'll wait for the MBP 15in with the new chip
     
  14. witness macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2005
    Location:
    Austria
  15. Clydefrog macrumors 6502a

    Clydefrog

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2006
    Location:
    Pittsburgh,PA
  16. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

    gadgetgirl85

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2006
    #16
    Nope I bought my MBP a few weeks ago and I'm happy :D
     
  17. risc macrumors 68030

    risc

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2004
    Location:
    Melbourne, Australia
    #17
    What do you want me to pick if I own a MacBook Pro and don't think it is worth updating to a Merom based notebook until the Santa Rosa Meroms arrive?
     
  18. milozauckerman macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2005
    #18
    I'm waiting until spring, not for any specific features. I've got a $600 gift card left over from a return, can't use it on the MP I'm ordering (Apple Developer Connection doesn't support GCs or split credit cards, for future reference), and don't really need a laptop in the next five or six months.

    If by that time we get more goodies, so much the better.
     
  19. vrocko macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2006
    #19
    goin crazy waiting

    waiting,waiting,waiting and waiting
     
  20. generik macrumors 601

    generik

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2005
    Location:
    Minitrue
    #20
    I don't care so much about Merom ironically. Neheleim's where its all at!
     
  21. bluetorch18 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2006
  22. xPismo macrumors 6502a

    xPismo

    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2005
    Location:
    California.
    #22
    Yup. I must say I'm surprised how may of us are waiting. I guess since we keep them a long time on average everyone wants to be ahead of the tech curve.

    Since I'm always editing film / sound I'll wait for the new chips... honestly, I'll wait till the last moment of my edu discount and grab as much as my bank account and credit cars will allow.

    (which honestly means a 15" MBP if I'm lucky. But I can dream of a house full of mac)
     
  23. Nuc macrumors 6502a

    Nuc

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2003
    Location:
    TN
  24. ZoomZoomZoom macrumors 6502a

    ZoomZoomZoom

    Joined:
    May 2, 2005
    #24
    How about an option for those who don't care too much about C2D, but more about other updates (GPU, chassis, etc)? I'm happy to get Merom along the way, but really, it's not the deciding factor.
     
  25. fener thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2003
    #25

    Nothing.

    Please read the first note. Vote only if you are currently in the market to buy a new notebook; not if you already own one.

    Regards
     

Share This Page