How many Wii consoles will your local Target store get?

Discussion in 'Games' started by zero2dash, Nov 6, 2006.

1. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

Someone leaked Target store Wii allotment on IGN and another person implemented all the info into a search tool. Just type in your zip code or area code (area code finds more stores) and see how many Wii systems your local Target store will get.

My closest one is 33, so it'll be a good alternative in case my 6pm Walmart campout doesn't work (which is unlikely).

Cheers
    http://wickedsick.org/wii_finder/

There is question to how legitimate this information is, since obviously no Target employee has come forward and put his name (and job) on the line about this, so take it with a grain of salt...but hopefully it's true.

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

according to that mine is getting 51 Wiis. However I already have mine on preorder from strawberries

3. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

51 Wii and that target store is 4 miles from me :eek:

4. savanahrose macrumors 6502a

savanahrose

excuse me for appearing stupid but what is Wii? I keep seeing it but I am in the dark.

Thanks for the info in advance.

5. elbirth macrumors 65816

The closest Target to me is only getting 24 (it's about a half-hour drive). There's several others about another 20 minutes or so from that one that are getting 30 or more, with one getting 60... I hope I don't have to do too much driving around that day...

BTW, I prefer this for giving an idea of how close the Wiis are to my house
    http://www.ps3seeker.com/wii/

6. elbirth macrumors 65816

The Wii (pronounced "We") is the next generation game console system from Nintendo. It incorporates more of your body's movement into controlling games via its remote, rather than simply pressing buttons on a control pad.

7. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

8. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Nintendo's marketing in full, force, I see. Too bad that Joe Consumer has no concept of what the Wii is. In fact, I've yet to see an ad on television for the Wii yet.

Everyone knows what a PS3 is though...

9. elbirth macrumors 65816

yeah, this is what upsets me about how Nintendo is marketing it... I see mention of the Wii all over the Internet, but not in "real life"

However, maybe that'll be to my advantage when it launches and I'm scrambling to find a place that has some in stock :D

10. jdechko macrumors 68040

True. But I suspect that if Nintendo had called it the GC2 that more people would know what it is. A lot of people recognize the Playstation/PS2 branding, as well as the XBox name, so the PS3 and the X360 get a lot of attention based on the branding.

However, I really suspect that Nintendo will up their marketing campaign after the system is released or at the same time. Missing launch with marketing is somewhat understandable. The Nintendo fans and "fanboys" already know about the launch. They don't need a commercial to tell them that's what they want. However, I'd be really surprised if Nintendo doesn't have mass advertising before Thanksgiving/Black Friday.

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Come across the pond. Adverts (non TV though, for any console) aplenty for the Wii! every music shop and game shop have adverts left right and centre, HMV (massive music chain here) produced leaflets educating consumers. So good was this whole marketting campaign that my non-gaming parents are buying one. The press were all over it afre the big conference they held months back. Got a lot of people excited.

PS3 adverts? GAME ran a little "pre-order for a pre-order" campaign for both PS3 and Wii. but other than that there is no good news or adverts for PS3 at all here.

12. saunders45 macrumors 6502a

saunders45

The one 1/2 mile from me is getting 81. The rest are around 40-60.

13. winchest macrumors regular

Does anyone know if Targets will be opening early for the Wiis or just get in line for the normal late Sunday morning opening?

14. therevolution macrumors 6502

Good grief, there's one not too far from me that's getting 210.

15. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

60. Perhaps I can bug whoever is getting it for me to go that day.

16. Motley macrumors 6502

210! Wonder how long they'll last. There's a walmart, best buy, target, and gamestop all within a few blocks of each other around here, so if the reviews are good I don't expect there to be too much of a problem finding a Wii somewhere.

17. elbirth macrumors 65816

AFAIK, Target stores aren't opening early, so you'd have to just be out there early to line up.

I'm going to check my local walmart first for a midnight release in hopes that I can bag one there. If that fails, then I'll make the half-hour trek to the closest Target to continue my hunt.

18. jdechko macrumors 68040

19. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Same here, since Wal-Mart is open at midnight. Same number, too.

20. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Mine too, thought it had to be a joke. Why not get 70? :p

B

21. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

why would they advertise PS3 in jolly old England? It doesn't come out until March, by then people would have forgotten about it ;)

22. Steve1496 macrumors 6502a

Steve1496

The Targets around me are getting 60, 33, and 111 Wii's. I'm deciding whether I'd rather drive a half hour to a 24 Hour Walmart (they're doing a midnight opening too..).

I can't wait! :) Not looking forward to camping out though. I figure I'll get there early Saturday.