How Many WoW Players Play On A Mac?

Discussion in 'Games' started by ArmouredGuitar, Jul 5, 2005.

1. ArmouredGuitar macrumors member

Just curious, how many of us around here actually play World Of Warcraft?
    I have a LVL60 Warrior On Aggramar,
    how about you?

2. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

3. risc macrumors 68030

risc

I'm pretty sure I've answered this in another post but yeah I play, I recently started a new character so Level 8 Orc Warlock. Also yes sir I play on a Mac, a Power Mac G5 Dual 1.8 with a Radeon 9800 XT to be exact.

4. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

Lvl 14 undead warrior icecrown on my G5. Also a lvl 50 Night elf hunter. :D

5. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

i played a mage to lvl 58 before i had to stop playing on that account (it was a housemate's, but he decided he didn't want that char after he started it) and am now working on a priest (25) and rogue (13). all on gilneas, and all on a mac mini. works just fine for me.

6. jrharvey macrumors newbie

22 Human Warlock - Harvader - on Ner'Zul playing on pb 1.67 1gig 128vid ram :):):)

7. IscariotJ macrumors 6502a

Lv 18 Druid on a 1.33 Ghz 12" PB. And I can stop whenever I want. Honest.

8. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

I'm a proud owner of a Lvl 8 Priest on my Powerbook :cool:

9. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I play on a Mac.

And damn the graphics look good.. except the game crashes (OpenGL bug?)when I hit the water and switch quickly from above water view to underwater view.

10. wcalderini macrumors member

I play on both....

My daughter and I both have a multitiude of characters on Thunderhorn. At home I play on and HP Athalon System (3400 + Radeon 9800 PR0 +1GB Ram and 19in HP LCD Monitor), but when I go to her house I play on my Powerbook, (1.5G4+128MB Radeon 9700 Mobility+5200 RPM HD 80 GB +15.1 inch monitor)
    Both play fine as I am broadband at both places. In game I have run into many mac users so there DOES seem to be a bunch of us out there. The system at home was put together exclusively for gaming, and being a die-hard, since 1986, Mac User the following is hard to admit. The PC leaves the mac in the dust in just about every significant category. Granted it's not a fair comparison with one being a laptop, but everything seems smoother on the PC. Don't get me wrong, after the obligatory video adjustments, the powerbook is highly playable and if I did not have the PC as a basis for comparison, I would never notice that "anything" was different. But on a 19 inch LCD with all the video options maxed the game goes from "gorgeous" to "stunning". I actually wish I could see it played on a good Dual G5 with a decent video card for comparison, but with the above mentioned equipment you can probably imagine that my computer budget is probably done for the next year or so. The really cool thing about the mac though? I have a Sony Ericsonn T610 cell phone w/bluetooth and T-Mobile Internet service. I am actually able to hook up with the powerbook from virtually anywhere for a 'playable' WOW experience. A Little laggy, somewhat unresponsive at times, and I would hate to take it to a raid (Suicide), but completely playable for most aspects of the game. Addict? Yeah. But there ARE worse addictions. LOL
    BC
    Logaine 60 Warrior-Thunderhorn
    Schadoe 32 Palladin-Thunderhorn

11. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

Mariejana, lvl 57 night elf, druid, on Alextrasza (or howerver it is spelled...) on the machine below :D

12. aztriguy macrumors newbie

Love playing WoW, wish I had a little more horsepower on my powerbook when compared to a hardcore gaming desktop, but when I'm on the road, the PB does fine - had a few UI issues, but overall wonderful experience.
    Have level 60 Pally, 55 Warrior, 20 Mage, 16 Hunter, 9 Priest, and some others on PvP servers (I'm mostly a PvE guy).

13. kparvez macrumors member

WoW

lvl 60 tauren hunter, lvl 60 tauren warrior, lvl 47 undead priest: doomhammer. Tarnished Dynasty...

all on a 1 Ghz 12 inch Powerbook.

14. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

We have a guild of mostly Mac players. About 250 characters in the guild, probably 50-75 real people, most of whom are Mac users (many of us came over together from a Mac-only game). Probably about 30 characters are level 60 now...and I'm getting close. :)

15. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

what server and side do you play on bro?
    :confused:

16. paleck macrumors 6502a

paleck

I have a lvl 60 Elf Druid, lvl 22 Undead Mage and a lvl 19 human warlock all on Surimar.

SideNote: Anyone had problems with the game crashing for seemingly no reason, Normally it will crash, if its going to, right after the char selection screen and it has just finished loading the world, but not actually shown the area where my char is. I can usually fix it by either open/closing the dvd player or itunes. The other times I have seen it crash is right after a big battle, either pvp or npc.

17. Barham macrumors regular

I have a 58 Gnome Mage on Stonemaul. I don't get to play as often as I would like (I've had the game since opening day). I played a Tauren Shaman to 20, but didn't like the horde.

-Hasta

18. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I had a level 60 paladin and a level 49 mage on Kargath, as well as other alts scattered on different servers, but the account is closed now.

19. ArmouredGuitar thread starter macrumors member

Great post's guys, I'm glad to see there are more than I thought there would be :D .
    Anyone else play? please feel free to post
    If anyone wants to join me and play WoW with me, My charactors name is Alliance: " Armordguitar " LvL60 Warrior on the Aggramar server, if any lower lvl's need any help, I'm up for the challenge . :)

20. sketchy macrumors regular

nooo.... i's not addictive at all.. I too can stop at any time. And I never go home at lunch to play for 30 min... and it did not happen today either.

I have a lvl 18(NE Priest) and lvl 10 (gnome mage) on bonechewer (alliance) and a lvl 18 (Undead warlock) and lvl 24 (Troll mage)on gorefiend (horde)

I am sucha nerd -- i play with two guys in florids and we use skype to talk when we are playing. And I just bought the guide at EB games...

dave

21. sketchy macrumors regular

PvP?

Does anyone play on the PvP servers? The two I mentioned above are both PvP

22. mus0r macrumors regular

I play WoW on a Mac, and so does one of my friends. I have a lvl 15 Undead Warrior, a lvl 14 Undead Warlock, and now a lvl 8 Mage...just trying to see which I like best :D

I play on Arthas. A lot of people complain of lag, but I've never had a problem.

23. ArmouredGuitar thread starter macrumors member

Yes I have a lvl25 Tauren Shaman on the pvp Server Frostmane, His name is Frostbitten.

24. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I used to play, but got bored after 5 months, plus I had a lot of work to do. Once my workload drops off a bit, I might resubscribe and start a new char.

25. rbarris macrumors 6502

Your original character will probably still be there too :)