How Microsoft Fits Into The World Of Apple

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by madamimadam, Mar 11, 2002.

1. madamimadam macrumors 65816

madamimadam

This article discusses Microsoft for Mac and their views on the hardware, OS and importance of Apple to Microsoft and Microsoft to Apple.

2. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

3. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

kinda one sided.

You'd think there'd be more effort put into talking to Apple too. Almost makes me think it's a M$ PR piece.:confused:

4. madamimadam thread starter macrumors 65816

madamimadam

Re: kinda one sided.

Well, that Microsoft guy does go on and on about how bad Apple was going and insinuates that Microsoft is one of the main reasons Apple is getting so big again

5. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

madamimadamtimallen,

True M$ stuff up so much and pc user are saying is ther an end to this and theres apple at the pearly gates

6. madamimadam thread starter macrumors 65816

madamimadam

Could you rewrite that in english?

7. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Ummm....

Apple fits into the world of M$. They practically started MS, so I think you got things backwards.

Its funny, I was at Wal-Mart the other day to buy a VGA-VGA Male/Male cable, and I saw a firewire cable:

IEEE 1394 Now for Windoze!

Then it had a little Apple logo. I think it is crap that people dont give Apple more credit for their technologies.

8. madamimadam thread starter macrumors 65816

madamimadam

Re: Ummm....

Apple had absolutely nothing to do with the starting of Microsoft. Gates was into DOS before he had any business meetings with Apple. Many people claimed he stole DOS but, really, you have to be truthfull about these things, he bought it far and square. Gate is a GREAT salesman who can see potential market where most people can not; dido for Jobs.

9. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

Re: Re: Ummm....

i am a microsoft techie and as much as i would like to defend gates and my livlihood he gives me, go to google and do a search on "digital research" of pacific grove, or "dr. kildall"

but where jobs is a great salesman, i will add that he is the all time marketing genius IMHO and gates is "the" master of seeing the potential markets

there will be different versions on how dos was marketed and the digital research story is just one interpretation (digital research is in the next town where i live so i admit i could be biased so definitely search for yourself to get a more fair view)...gates did buy a product...a stolen product as some would say