iPad How much abuse can an iPad take?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by berthenderson, Nov 10, 2012.

1. macrumors member

I'm usually exceptionally careful with my iPad, and the other day after work, my friend suggested we go the pub. I had my iPad with me, and since I didn't want to take my iPad into the pub with me, I asked if I could leave it in the car. He took it off me, and JAMMED it underneath the passenger seat so it was out of sight. Now, I keep my iPad in an STM Stash bag, which offers padding, and my iPad is also in a thin folio case. I've since checked my iPad and can't see any damage, so was wondering whether the bag and the case are sufficient enough protection, or could the 'jamming' have caused any internal damage?

2. macrumors regular

Ive drop mine several times lol pretty nasty looking bumps and on one side the bezel is raising. (Ipad2)

Works the same :) il post pictures if i remember when i get home.

3. macrumors regular

No, it's not going to cause any internal damage. I suspect you are really, really babying your iPad. Other than scratching and cracking the screen, there's not much you can do to damage it.

4. macrumors 6502

5. tl01, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012

macrumors 6502a

Well... I'm always surprised my kids iPads still work and look great. I'm not super strict with them about how they treat them bc we have apple care+ on them. But I've caught my 2 year old standing on his and treating it in other not so nice ways... And amazingly you can't tell. Now... I'm sure I've just jinxed myself and someone will break theirs... But they have already proven themselves to be way more durable than I thought they would be. They are both in a leather case that covers all corners and the bezel for added drop protection. We put ours under our car seats all the time btw.

6. macrumors regular

Those tests are silly. If you're lucky, the ipad will survive a fall from the second floor. If you're unlucky, the screen will get scratched by a single grain of sand or crack if it falls off of the couch.

7. macrumors regular

Well it does blend :eek:

8. macrumors 6502

mattroman246

physical probably not a lot. emotionally it can probably take it's fair share