Price Advice How much can i get?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SuperMiguel, Jan 9, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

I have a 27" 2011 iMac i7 CPU, SSD and 1TB drive, also it has 16gb of ram and upgraded video card...

i was the top of the line (everything maxed except the HD which i picked the SSD+1TB option instead of the 2TB) i think i play close to $4k

How much could i get out of it if i try to sell it?? Still has 1 or 2 years left on its Apple care contract...

2. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

so mac2sell says $1.6k but it dint let me input like video card, or SSD drive,, So im guessing i can get a bit more

What do you guys think would be a fair price?

4. macrumors 65816

phoenixsan

I would say.....

$2000-2150 tops. Remaining AppleCare helps, but then, also helps good care of the machine and no functional/cosmetic issues.

If selling through an online site factor in shipping costs/fees. And be aware that the second-hand market is mainly price-driven (the less $ figure).

:):apple:

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

wonder if its worth it... I run linux on my machine and im doing some simulations and i need more CPU power.. with 2k i can build a nice PC and run linux on it...

But i like my iMac :(