Price Advice How much can i get?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SuperMiguel, Jan 9, 2013.

1. SuperMiguel macrumors 6502

Jan 6, 2010
    I have a 27" 2011 iMac i7 CPU, SSD and 1TB drive, also it has 16gb of ram and upgraded video card...

i was the top of the line (everything maxed except the HD which i picked the SSD+1TB option instead of the 2TB) i think i play close to $4k

How much could i get out of it if i try to sell it?? Still has 1 or 2 years left on its Apple care contract...
  2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

May 16, 2008
    As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.
  3. SuperMiguel thread starter macrumors 6502

Jan 6, 2010
    so mac2sell says $1.6k but it dint let me input like video card, or SSD drive,, So im guessing i can get a bit more

What do you guys think would be a fair price?
  4. phoenixsan macrumors 65816

Oct 19, 2012
    I would say.....

$2000-2150 tops. Remaining AppleCare helps, but then, also helps good care of the machine and no functional/cosmetic issues.

If selling through an online site factor in shipping costs/fees. And be aware that the second-hand market is mainly price-driven (the less $ figure).

5. SuperMiguel thread starter macrumors 6502

Jan 6, 2010
    wonder if its worth it... I run linux on my machine and im doing some simulations and i need more CPU power.. with 2k i can build a nice PC and run linux on it...

But i like my iMac :(