How much can i sell my iPad 3?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by maddog91, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddog91, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2012

macrumors regular

Just got it from Walmart,need to figure out what would be a good choice for selling it.

16gb black. Wifi

2. macrumors 6502

3. macrumors 68000

1080p

$499

Seriously... Apple is much better this year at keeping up to demand...

4. macrumors 6502a

Was your whole business model to pay $540 for an iPad and then ask on the internet for a business model?

5. macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

If you're looking to make a decent profit you may be SOL. By all accounts it looks like the US stock is pretty flush.

6. macrumors 65816

scottness

Get on a plane and go to a foreign country where the iPad is still weeks away, and you'll be able to sell for a lot more, possibly even covering your airfare. I did this with a few iPads (1st gen) traveling to Japan. I think I sold them for a little more than twice of what I paid for them.

7. maddog91, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2012

thread starter macrumors regular

If i had 3-4 then I would do it. Maybe I can ship it to my dad in Israel. As far as the U.S..They have enough NOW. But in a day or so,back to the long waiting times. Apple just made sure to feed bigger crowds this time around but like most products,they always sell out.

People act like they have never seen an apple launch before lol!

----------

I was planing on charging 1k flat out,just seeing what everyone else does.

Seems to be a lot of hostility from apple #### riders who don't like people actually using Apple products to make a small income rather than obsess over the product...

Shame ,I love my products,but hate the community.

8. macrumors 6502a

Here's my two cents before this thread gets locked.

(in my best Dr Evil voice) " One Millliioonn Dollas "

9. macrumors 65816

Nikos

10. macrumors member

1000 bucks for the bottom level model ? You must be out of your mind. I thought about selling too, but I was thinking $100 in addition to what I've paid, including tax...

11. macrumors 6502a

I personally don't see a tremendous lot wrong with what you're doing. I just think that your readily-apparent strategy for figuring out a cost is / was pretty funny.

12. macrumors regular

It's no coincidence that an iPad letter shuffle spells pAid, right? :rolleyes:

13. macrumors 6502

tunerX

Maybe 100 bucks extra if you can find a buyer in a country where they have to wait.

Other than that you can expect MSRP with shipping coming out of your margin.

14. macrumors regular

Man people are acting like idiots. So what if you sell your ipad for profit? Less money you paid for yours. I bought 2 and will sell it for 750, and I only pay 250 for mine. Win win win.

The guy paying 750 is not crying. Apple is not crying. I am not crying. So why do people on Mac Forums get butthurt over it?

15. macrumors 6502a

Blaine

Why the hell did you buy it if you didn't want it? :rolleyes:

16. macrumors member

For being so smart, and doing so much in your life, how can you be so dumb to not figure out your own market price?

Look on Ebay. Look on Craigslist. See what people are bidding for them. Go from there.

17. macrumors 68000

Daremo

Not at all trying to be a jerk to you, but may I point out, that talk of selling items needs to be in the Marketplace section of these forums. In those forums the rules state you can't buy and sell for profit here at Mac Rumors, if that's your intent. If you are looking for a price from other forum members, then post in the Marketplace as a "feeler" thread, and people will give you a price, but don't expect anything to be posted here more then the price you paid, tax, and shipping. Basically, break even.

18. macrumors 6502

$50 over what you paid... On CL

Since you are asking, it's worth that for your time easily and less likely to have someone steal it from you. I would do the same, but I am on Crutches this year so it is not worth the risk.

19. macrumors regular

These are the type of people that are low and greedy in life. He probably work at McDonalds with a broke down dae woo car trying to make a quick cash. More power to him.

20. DS3, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012

DS3
    macrumors 6502a

I don't think their will be much in the way of resale profits.

I was planning on getting a 32 gig for myself with no intent to sell, but after waiting hours they only had 16 gigs at wal-mart. I went ahead and bought it since I was only like 60-40 on going 32 anyway and I didn't want further hassle.

But since craigslist has no commitment to selling, I went ahead and listed it at a modest price increase (60$ from after tax) to see what would happen. Granted its the middle of the night, but no hits at all on that price yet. Im sure a few will go for a decent markup on someone who think they will be impossible to find, but I'm betting most scalpers hoping to make hundreds are going to be quite disappointed. Ill probably just keep this one.

21. macrumors newbie

you seem to forget... this is the third generation iPad and many wanting one already have the first or second gen and can easily was a week or two for new stock rather than getting ripped off by you.

22. macrumors 6502

This. There are people that wait in line for hours and still aren't able to purchase it because it's sold out by the time they're next.

23. macrumors 6502a

If you need to ask then you shouldn't be selling it.

24. macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Supply and demand. It's capitalism.

For those of you who are selling good luck. For those of you who didn't buy during the first 24 hours of the pre-sale TS.

God Bless America.

25. Jrsmooth, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012

macrumors newbie

Lol you are.

...I love how your autocorrect spelled butthead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.