How much could i get for this iBook?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Mernak, May 13, 2006.

1. Mernak macrumors 6502

once the new macbooks come out i plan on selling my current iBook on MacRumors, so i was wondering about how much i could expect from this

12" iBook
    OS 10.3
    800MHz G3 processor
    512kb L2 cache
    100MHz bus
    256 MB sdram(128 built-in, 128 in slot)
    30GB HD
    CD-ROM
    2 USB ports
    1 firewire port
    ethernet
    56k Modem
    mini-VGA port

airport card(although i have heard these are selling for about $100 nowadays so i'll probably sell seperate, so do not include in price)

have the power adapter, battery(holds about 3 hrs charge w/o sleep at max brightness while playing music and surfing the internet), all the original disks/manuals, and possibly the box. It is in very good condition(i'll put up pics as soon as possible).

2. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

1st, it's a mini VGA port, not a DVI.

2nd, I sold one that was the same speed, with the airport card, 640MB RAM, and a dead HD for like $350. The HD and the Airport card mostly cancel each other out, but that extra 512 of RAM is still like $90 these days for whatever reason.

Just giving you a starting point.

3. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I say $300-$400 seems like a reasonable price for your iBook G3 Mernak. Maybe a little bit more if you sell it on eBay. :)

4. Mernak thread starter macrumors 6502

thats about what i was expecting but thanks for the replies

PS. fixed the dvi-->mini-vga

5. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

No problem, I just hope that I was of assistance. Those figures I quoted were just ballpark ones. As I said before, you might be able to get a little bit more $$$ for your iBook by selling it on eBay (oftentimes Mac stuff tends to go for a little more than it is worth there). :)

6. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

I second the ebay advice. Was able to sold mine for much more than O first expected.

7. Duffman macrumors member

Duffman

Well, for what you have with all the boxes, discs, and other goodies that came with it, and the 10.3, I'd say that 450 would be reasonable.

Techrestore.com is selling your exact model for refurbed for 399.99 USD, but with a questionable factory battery. Since you can actually verify that the battery holds a charge for a decent amount of time, I would say that you can expect more since those darn ibook batteries are a bit expensive. I would also say that the condition of the casing is also going to be a factor...

(You might want to check and see if this is the same model as yours, though)

http://www.techrestore.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16187&cat=254&page=1

8. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

I just sold 100 of our older 12" iBooks... on average I got $265.00... a low of 100 to a high of 350 for mint.

9. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

Make your mate eat his dog, then you can shoot them both with one shot, and get your shuffle back afterwards :p

10. Duffman macrumors member

Duffman

Oh, I was nearly to that point...I like the idea. 1 hollowpoint for two idiots!:)

Sadly, my ipod shuffle was not the first, nor the last victim of his mutt. The list of devices and/or items of notable value includes (2) video game controllers (PS2, GameCube), a pink USB flashdrive owned by his girlfriend containing important stuff, a hemp bracelet,etc, etc....this animal is just not right in the head.

Some of the items were merely chewed up very well, but in the case of the shuffle, we are pretty sure that he ate the whole damn thing, or it has actually been buried better than Hoffa. Either way, I just want closure! :confused: