How much difference is a White MacBook from an iBook?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by MACDRIVE, Jan 26, 2007.

1. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

I mean strictly the outer casing and the keyboard. I've never seen either one of them in person, but the images I see on Google, depicts them as looking real simular; other than the fact that they're both white. Do they both have the hard smooth outer casing that resembles the power adapter?

It would be interesting to hear your comments.

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

im glad you said strictly outer casing and keyboard; i could have gone on for ages about the specs! :p

The keyboard is quite different. It's integrated into the casing, so when you take the top case off on a MacBook, the keyboard comes with it; you can't replace the keyboard without replacing the whole plate.

I think the outer casing is the same as on the iBook, though. I have a feeling the stuff on the power adapter is a lot thicker than the case of the MacBook.

I've used both (haven't used an iBook for a while), and the MacBook feels much better to use. The keyboard on the iBook was pretty trashy, while it's great on the MacBook :)

3. MACDRIVE thread starter macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

That's very informative. Thank you Scarlet Fever. :)

4. mick4394 macrumors 6502a

mick4394

The outer casing of the iBook is clear plastic that's painted white on the inside. The Macbook's outer casing is actually white plastic.

5. d_and_n5000 macrumors 6502a

d_and_n5000

Most of the G3's were translucent, but not all of them. All of the G4's were opaque.

Aha, found the link.
    There was one 16VRAM model that was opaque, then one 32VRAM model that was translucent, then afterwards all opaque.