Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
dynamicv said:
Snout you can do about it now.

Nope. It's gone belly-up.

Now we just have to wait for the mods to bring an end to this curly tail.

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
agp said:
My question was slightly wrong. I meant how much is a pig worth to a farmer when they sell it?

I don't actually want to buy a pig though I was reading a passage in the bible in Mark 5 where Jesus casts out many deamons from a deamon possessed man into a herd of about 2000 pigs. The local people then pleaded with Jesus to leave.

I just wondered how much those pigs might be worth to the people of the time, which might show why they wanted to get rid of jesus.

Cheers.

Fairly cheap I would imagine... in fact, you might have to pay someone to take them away. I'm fairly sure Possession violates health and safety regulations.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Chundles said:
Nope. It's gone belly-up.

Now we just have to wait for the mods to bring an end to this curly tail.
Clear up the litter and send it to the great wasteland in the sty.

Yeah, the mods are always hamdy for that.

calculus

Dec 12, 2005
Welll I don't have anything to add to this other than to say this has been my favourite thread title ever.

Cube54

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2006
Canada
How much does it cost to buy a pig?

Not Much! But After having gone thru *2* I can assure you ""it's cheaper to keep her""

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I'm not sure how much it costs to buy a pig. However, around here, you can rent them for $10/day, and long-term leases are also available. Since most people only need pigs for a few hours or so, this is much more cost effective than purchasing one.

macartistkel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2005
Portland, Oregon
jsw said:
I'm not sure how much it costs to buy a pig. However, around here, you can rent them for $10/day, and long-term leases are also available. Since most people only need pigs for a few hours or so, this is much more cost effective than purchasing one.

hmmm, I'm a little lost now! Maybe I got off track in the thread somehow! why are pigs needed for just a day or a few hours? :confused:

Leareth

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2004
Vancouver
Market rate is somewhere around $0.50 per pound for the farmer...but varies on type of pig. ei free-range, organic, factory etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.