How much for a 2nd hand G4 imac?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by student_trap, Apr 6, 2006.

1. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

Hey there,

just wondering what a second hand G4 iMac would go for these days? I remember that where i used to work (and could easily get back in touch with) they had a 15in G4 imac (8oomhz maybe?...i can't remember) just getting dusty, and they said if i left it a little while then i may be able to either buy it or i may even get it for free. Its been over a year so i was thinking about asking whether they were going to throw it out yet.

I quite fancy picking one of these up purely because of their spectacular design. Even if i can't get one there, where else may i be able to get one? And of course, how much should i expect to pay, i know that they came in 15/17/20 varieties, but am clueless of their 2nd hand value.

Any ideas?

2. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

My advice:
    Check eBay for the price and then subtract around $150. You may be able to subtract more than that since this is just taking up space for them and they may just want to get rid of it.

3. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

I'm guessing you could pick up a nice 17" iMac G4 for about $550-$750, they are nice machines but look for one from a private buyer as eBay these days usually inflates prices bigtime....

Saying this you may be better off looking for a Rev.B iMac G5 they can picked up for some pretty nice prices if you shop around, I know you want the G4 for the design but the G5 is aging well and looking better all the time, whereas the G4 iMac is showing its age in performance and looks....

ShadoW

4. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

5. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

6. galstaph macrumors 6502a

galstaph

I've seen them cheap and expensive,
    It is all based upon what you are willing to pay and what they're willing to sell it to you for