how much for overnight shipping? Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by lfielder06, Aug 2, 2005.

1. lfielder06 Guest

I am planning on getting my new pb, but am wondering how much overnight shipping is from apple. I was also wondering what experiences people have had with overnight shipping.

2. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

It will probably depend on your address. If you are getting a BTO PB it is probably not worth it. 2-3 day shipping(fastest option available) for my iBook cost $18. It shipped 7/29 and it is not due to my door until 8/5.

3. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

it all depends on location and what is to be shipped...check the apple website for details...I would say its only worth it if you absolutely can't wait...

4. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

I ordered my new Mini with Overnight hoping to get it the next day. Apple missed to cutoff time and Fedex didn't enter it into their system until the day after, which was Friday, so I didn't get it until Monday (yesterday). So no...IMO it's not worth it :p

5. paperinacup macrumors 6502

Considering Fedex has had my package AROUND THE CORNER for a 4 days and still won't deliver it I would've paid the extra money if I could go back.

6. wide macrumors 6502a

I live in NYC. last thursday I ordered an ibook (stock), and it came under 24 hours later. i guess it depends on where you are located and if Apple has a warehouse near your location that has the computer you order.