how much have you spent on non apple stuff?

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Jul 13, 2003.

1. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    for my powertowerpro, i got an epson 740 printer, a microtek scanner, and tons of paper, zip disks, and injet cartridges

and when i replaced the computer with an ibook, i also got an external iomega zip 100 drive, hp scanner, several vst ac adapters, a low end no name digital camera, and a lexmark z23 printer and cartridges

software wise, i have bought photoshop, illustrator, hoyle solitaire, norton antivirus, macromedia freehand, and countless mac related books

it's safe to say that all the extra stuff costs as much as the computers...and i still don't have a digital video camera, airport, or an ipod:p
  2. MrMacMan macrumors 604

Jul 4, 2001
    1 Block away from NYC.
    My printer -- stylus C42UX
    my router -- SMC (bad, bad, bad)
    Um, I got some software here and there, nothing to expensive, maybe photoshop or VPC.... :rolleyes:

Yeah basically that is it.

War III.
  3. tazo macrumors 68040

Apr 6, 2003
    Pacific Northwest, Seattle, WA actually

my pc is like a scrap yard, the only original thing from the dell that it came with are, an 8 gig hdd now running linux, the monitor, the keyboard,floppy disk drive, and the mobo/cpu/fans etc.

I have replaced the ram, mouse, hard drive (got a 60 gig, might get a 160 gig for it),.

The mouse is the same mouse i gots on the mac, a wireless M$ from costco for 30 bux.

Hmm 150 for a printer erm what else...

A few on audio accessories to connect my stereo to my mac or pc.

a lot of other stuff that just adds up :)
  4. evil macrumors 6502

May 2, 2003
    chicago ex-toronto
    hahah 99 bucks CDN on a printer. and that is all i think
  5. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
  6. MrMacMan macrumors 604

Jul 4, 2001
    1 Block away from NYC.
    Aint can $ worth less?

Even with the sucky economy? :rolleyes:
  7. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

Dec 30, 2002
    Chicago, IL, USA
    over $25,000.00

between the XL1's, the SVHS deck, the glidecam V16, MBox, sennheisers, adobe programs, speakers, vid monitor, tripods, booms, c-stands, printers, scanners, 2nd displays, buy out music and graphics, random software, powermates, external HDDs, condenser mics, battery vests, headphones, ect ect ect etc...pretty much every cent i made doing freelance in college and every dollar i made since graduating i've put back into my studio. seems to be paying off, though...(at the very least i'll have a decent showing next time someone starts one of those "pics of your set up" threads)
  8. mim macrumors 6502

Apr 24, 2003
    flesh, melbourne.... heart, london
    $1300/month for rent, probably about $1000/month for food/drinks/clothes/travel. A few grand for a bed, and some cheapo couches.

If only Apple made homewares and groceries......
  9. scem0 macrumors 604

Jul 16, 2002
    back in NYC!
    hmmmmm..... I'd have to guess $2,500.

That is for my whole family.

Personally I have spent..... hmmmmm..... about $34 or something :rolleyes:.

10. Billicus macrumors 6502a

Apr 3, 2002
    Charles City, Iowa
    Well, let's see. We have an old iMac, a Graphite 400 Mhz, and we have bought two printers - a Lexmark X73 and an Epson 740. We also have a Firewire CD Burner from EZQuest, a 120 Gigabyte HD from Lacie, a 10 GigaByte Generation 2 iPod, and a DSL Modem. On the software side, Starcraft, Quake III, Master of Orion 2, Master of Orion 3, Norton Systemworks, Risk II, Harry Potter (for my sister), and the list goes on and on.
    All in all, about the price of the computer when it was new...:rolleyes:
  11. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    hmm...I'm confused...
  12. solvs macrumors 603

Jun 25, 2002
    LaLaLand, CA
    My old HP has all new parts. New HDs, CD-R, KB, mouse, monitor, sound card, ethernet, modem, vid cards, etc. Even the case was modded. Some parts I've paid for, some I haven't (trades, left over parts, given to me). My franken-computer.

You should have seen my 333 MHz Beige G3 (now with my sister).

Can't wait to start-up my multimedia business again, and blow a ton of money on some new equipment. New Mac, here I come.
  13. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

Jan 19, 2003
    London, England
    Well, I spend around £200k every year on non mac audio stuff that's controlled by macs, all our studios are mac based, and they get upgraded every year as well as the new builds.

Personally, my studio kit goes around £5k with monitors and softmare/hardware/mics etc.
  14. idea_hamster macrumors 65816

Jul 11, 2003
    NYC, or thereabouts
    My 500 Mhz Rev. A TiBook now keeps the following company when it's not on the road:

Edge RAM (2x512)
    Toshiba 40 GB (16MB buffer) HD
    OWC Combo drive
    Studio Mouse
    Wacom 6"x 8" how-did-I-live-before tablet
    LaCie 48x CD-RW
    Daisy Cutter FW HD enclosure for original PB HD
    Epson 960

How much did all that cost? Enough to make me feel a bit guilty when I watch the news....