How much is this ibook worth?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by dko, Feb 14, 2005.

1. dko macrumors newbie

my friend is selling his ibook for $790 and i want to make sure that it is a good deal:

12" ibook/ 1.07 ghz G4/ 768 MB DDR/ 30 gb HD/ OS X 10.3.8/ 24x CD-RW combo drive/ Airport Express/ Crapload of software

perfect condition. 6-month usage.

He didn't specify what kind of software but i'm guessing it's all quality stuff.

Let me know if this is a good deal and also, let me know about how much it s worth. i m thinking that it could be worth at least $1000 but i'm not sure.

thanks for the help.

2. TLRedhawke macrumors 6502

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

4. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

it's a combo drive. G4 iBook either had a CD-ROM (edu only, i think) or a combo drive.

in any case, that's a great price, even without any software.

5. riwanami macrumors member

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

7. keithpetey macrumors member

id just buy a new ibook. i bought mine with a student discount. brand new 12" ibook and apple mouse came out to 1016 after taxes. software might be important to you, but i find that it comes with most everything i need out of the box, minus office, but it does give you a trial version. does apple even make a office equivalent? i try to stay as far away from microsoft as possible.

8. Romulan macrumors member

Yes, apple does make an office equivalent. It's called iwork :p