How much money are you planning to spend on PS3 Launch Day?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dagless, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Out of total curiosity, the Wii flavoured thread is seeing some low prices. How much do you think you will be spending?
    I can't really give a price as I don't intend to buy one. You guys saving up?

2. elfin buddy macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

Whoops....forget everything I wrote. Not getting a PS3...

3. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Depends. For instance, if it's saturday, which is "new manga day", then that'd be abouts £6.99 :D

4. Hydra macrumors regular

Hydra

Dunno, but I'm interested. Bought XB360 on the day it was released but with PS3 I might wait a little as there is no immediate need, only time will tell.

5. sixstorm macrumors regular

Kinda wonder if anyone will get out without spending under a grand. Sony is such a ripoff . . .

For me, not a penny.

6. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    $750. If I can afford it, possibly 900. Hell, I spent 800 on the 360 launch date.

7. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

I'll probaly be waiting for the first price drop.

Then I'll be getting the PS3 (the one with HDMI) and 1 extra controller.

On the software side, I'll be getting a big name RPG (the best rated at time of release) I'll probably also be getting the latest Armored Core if it has been released by then. I'm also looking forward to anything Front Mission.

If by any chance Dragon Quest IX is released on the PS3 (exclusively) before the 1st price drop, I'll bite the bullet and buy the PS3 sooner than expected.

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Depends if I win the lottery or not. I was going to buy a PS3 on launch, then I spent my PS3 fund on a 360 a few weeks ago because the PS3 is just going to be too damn expensive.

9. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

Probably about $10 for lunch, $1.50 for bus, and maybe a $12 cd. So about 23.50. :)

10. chasemac macrumors 6502a

chasemac

I'll have to play it at the store first to determine if its worth it. Will Madden be available for it at launch? If not, then I will not be buying.:)

11. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Depends if any 360 games come out that day. ;)

Otherwise, $0.

Okay, maybe $7 for lunch. :)

12. deggs37 macrumors member

PS what?

J/k, nothing unless there are any good nintendo or 360 games out that day.

13. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

You'd be willing to spend $600 over one game?

14. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

About $500 if that is the same day the Nintendo Wii launches :)

15. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I'll be spending $0. At least 0 PS3-related dollars. ;) Blu ray has not been impressive yet and the price is simply too high. I bought a PS2 on "opening day", but it sure as hell didn't cost me $800 or whatever it ends up being after taxes, etc.

I'll buy a PS3 only if the price drops substantially, MGS4 is truly as good as they're making it out to be, and if Square Enix makes a full-fledged remake of Final Fantasy VII (and actually completes the game this time!) Then we'll talk. :cool:

Oh, and that depends if they actually smarten up and improve Blu Ray itself (see above link). Perhaps in a couple years HD-DVD will be where it's at.

16. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    I'd be willing to spend 600 bucks just for MGS 4. Wii won't have it. So what's the problem?

17. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Not a dime on a PS3, though I might pick up an Xbox 360 game or two with the store credit I have.

18. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

0. I'm not spending 600 dollars for the system, its ridiculous.

19. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

I could barely scrape together the money to buy a used PS2. The only reason I would want as PS3 is MGS4, but there is no way I am going to pay $700 for a system and one game. I wish I had that kind of money, but I don't, so nothing for me!

20. chasemac macrumors 6502a

chasemac

No! Of course not! I would have to play the system first to see if it was worth it to me.:) And of course Madden would need to be on it!

21. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Wont be buying one at lauch, as wii will keep me busy and I think they are going to be scarce till spring anyway.

+ theres a stack of AMAZING games coming to 360 before holidays...

I'll maybe get one when games I want are on it, and there will probably be a price cut during summer drought period 2007 :)

22. Tanglewood macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

I've never had a PS or PS2 and don't see myself ponying up to get a PS3. I'll be playing Twilight Princess on my GC and patiently waiting for Halo 3 to buy a 360 when the PS3 does get launched.

23. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

ah thats a good point. I'd like buy a 360 if that situation popped up. I had a dream last night that I was sat with some friends in a field and Bill Gates turns up and spoke a little about the Xbox Live Arcade. With some more games I'd probably get a 360 for that alone. unless the indie Wii games turn out to be fantastic. 340 days until the next drought appears...