How much Music?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by TheMasin9, Mar 3, 2005.

1. TheMasin9 macrumors 6502a

TheMasin9

As a music lover i was just thinkin to myself, "man, i have music on for a good majority of the day, i wonder how much it actually is?" i figured i wake up at about 10 in the morn and have it on for 30 min while im gettin ready and goin to class, gone for 4 hours say and then 15 min on the way back, so lets just say i get back around 3 pm and then i start it goin for the rest of the night at least til ten. thats almost 8 hours of music a day!! How does this compare with everyone else?

2. Hodapp macrumors 6502a

Hodapp

I have iTunes playing 9-5 weekdays, and a lot when I get home. :)

3. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

Unless I'm asleep, eating dinner, sitting in class, or watching a movie/tv show, I'm listening to music.

I easily push 10-12 hrs a day, between my iPod, my stereo in my SUV, and my stereo at the house.

4. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    probably like 8-12 hours of the day is spent witha soundtrack :)

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i probably listen to music 8-11 hours a day, depending on what im up to

when i get a new ipod that will definately increase a bit

6. dobbin macrumors 6502a

dobbin

I usually go for a walk during my lunchbreak at work and listen to my ipod. Thats 30 minutes a day and thats about all I listen to!

My music library contains 9 days of music, so I should have heard it all again by the middle of May next year :D

7. howard macrumors 68020

howard

when i work a job that i can listen to music, i listen to it constantly. Which means in the summer 9-5 i listen for a full 8 hours plus when i get home a few more. But when i'm at school I listen to a lot less. If i'm just surfing the internet or working on homework that doesn't require my ears (i'm a music student) and during social times... so I'd say only 2-4 a day at school.

8. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

When i sleep i have MTV on, i liten to music when i hit the gym, when playing compater games and when having a drink with some friends i have it on the backround.

9. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

12 hours or more... more or less all day every day...

I often have music streaming from Airtunes in the background when whatching TV (even if my girlfriend hates it) and sometimes during dull lectures I have the iPod on one ear (the really dull ones on both ears)... ;)

10. paco taco mike macrumors member

paco taco mike

5 hours a day, sometimes it's really low but i can't stand complete silence. Another 5 hours on the ipod while in class or at work

-mike