How much of a cut does Apple take for apps downloaded?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod touch Apps' started by RunToTheHills, Jun 15, 2009.

1. macrumors member

Yes, let's say I put my app on iTunes. If I charge 99 cents for it, how much does Apple keep? Also, how often do I get paid? Every month?

Thanks!

2. macrumors demi-god

fishkorp

Apple takes 30%. You will get paid every month assuming you make (after Apple's cut) $250 in that region. So if you only made $240, you won't get paid until the following month, assuming you sell $10 more that month. So for every 99 cent app you'll get 70 cents. Apple also does not take out taxes, so you need to keep track of that yourself.

3. thread starter macrumors member

Best Answer! :D

Thanks very much, Fish.

4. macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

Don't confuse him. ;) They don't take out income tax, but you don't have to pay any sales tax, Apple takes care of that.

5. macrumors member

So if you never make 250 you never get paid? Eh?

6. macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

I think you will get the money, but it can only be by request. I think direct deposit only occurs after 250 is made.

7. macrumors 6502

Yep only 30% is apples. Which is a great deal since they give out the developer tools. All you have to do is come up with ideas.

8. Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Note the $250 is per region as well. So if you sold $249 is the UK (after Apple's cut) and $249 in the US you would still not get paid.